Wanted: Good Mechanic in St. Louis Area

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mozey

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Can somebody recommend a trusted mechanic or shop in the St. Louis Area? My FJR is due for valve adjustment and some other routine service. No brain surgery involved, but I want to trust my bike to somebody that is qualified and diligent, and it would be good to know who to call when something more demanding comes up in the future.

The service departments of the dealerships would be happy to have me leave my bike with them, but I did not get an affirmative response on the quality of their work. If you can give me a lead I would really appreciate it.

I've had good experiences with Niehaus Cycles in Litchfield, IL. Never needed any major work but they always seemed professional and knowledgeable when I was there.

To me that speaks volumes since there are several other dealers between St Charles, MO and Litchfield, IL.

I also bypassed 2 closer dealers to go there.

Been to a couple of Niehaus open houses.

Never had service done by them, but talked to a few locals who wouldn't take their bike anywhere else.