Pittsburgh Wheel Chock - Harbor Freight

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iris

formerly "herfjr"
Reaction score
I saw a post a long time ago about this wheel chock. Of course I can't find it again. :-(

Anyone have any additional comments they'd like to share about this wheel chock? It's only like $40. Is it substantial enough? Does it scratch the wheel rims?

I assume you are referring to this one...

https://www.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-wheel-chock-69026.html

I have (2) of them and I am quite happy with them. They held my FZ1, friends FJR, Suzuki C90 cruiser and a vintage 70's Moto Guzzi. I never had any contact with the rotors. The self locking is good enough to turn your back and grab a strap but I surely wouldn't leave the bike to go find straps. This chock is far better than the cheap steel hoops that rub on the rotors. The only (slightly) negative I can say is that the black base will start to weather after a coupe of years.

I recently rebuilt my trailer. New lights led to new wood which meant that new paint was only sensible. I have never trailered the FJR and I wonder if I really will trailer a bike again. In reality the trailer hasn't been used at all in over 2 years and even then gets more use as a loaner to my friends than it does by me. Seeing that I have a 5x8, fixed chocks mean it is a pain to use the trailer to haul plywood, riding mower, etc. I grew tired of unbolting the chocks.

If I have to trailer a bike I plan to buy the stand alone chock for ease of use. https://www.harborfreight.com/interests/motorcycle/motorcycle-stand-wheel-chock-97843.html

Just something to take into consideration depending on the size of your trailer and its overall purpose.

Iris,

I have two of them in my race bike trailer, and they work just fine, as long as you use them in conjunction with four point tie downs. They will hold the bike

upright while you tie it down, but really not for solo use.

Pretty much echoing the above posts. I have two friends each with the Harbor Freight lift table and they both use that chock in place of the one the table comes with. Another firend who installed one on his trailer and we used it about 3 years back on a trip from PA to TN. Worked fine, nothing bad to say about them.

I have one and use it on occasion. It will not definitively hold up the bike alone, but it will hold it up while you're tying the bike down, making the process much easier. From the box, it was easy to bolt down, and, for me, required no adjustment (it's adjustable) for me to be able to transport my gen III FJR with no contact with anything but the tire. I wish I'd bought one sooner.

Yup. Bseelbach..... your link shows the one I was referring to.

Thanks for all the replies.

We trailered our 05's a long time ago and put a lot of pressure on the shocks; keeping the bikes from rising up and down and wiggling loose.

Trying to avoid that this time and thinking that this sort of wheel chock would be a better idea.

I've been using one of these in my trailer for a couple of years now. It works great for what it is. As mentioned above, it will hold the bike in place while you get the straps on. Good product for the money.