PNW Spring Tech Meet #18 - May 13th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auburn

Reaction score
Time for the Spring gathering, bench racing and tech day. Saturday May 13th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables) PLEASE Respond to the thread if you are coming so we can get a head count for lunch.

Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

Maintenance suggested so far are:

Grounding system
Tire changes (Derek Weaver tire machine) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you to the recycle - Les Schwab will take then for a nominal fee)
TBS
PAIR system block off
Various electrical and electronic additions
Brake system flush - please RSVP this
Fork rebuilds

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, pull pork sandwich, salad, and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

IMG_1780_zpsgvu6pejx.jpg

Spring Tech Meet #16 - 2016

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)

AuburnFJR & Mrs.
Niehart
Beamer Reamer & Mrs.
escapefjrtist
Hudson
Panman

Fontanaman

FJRay & Patti ?

chazglenn3

JamesW

redneckj

AdamK

harper

SeattleTy

MajBach

ahchiu

fjrwalker

Harald

Heen

samamoto

gbrmksmith

allrider

RoyceDaniels

audiowize

RC65 ?

pigpen

NW Jeff

seventyss

Gmann

pwnsauce

nex

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again for opening up your wonderful home Auburn!

Couple months off...hopefully weather improves a bit.
cold.gif

--G

Can someone PM me the parts list for a fork rebuild?

for those that need a parts list for forks (verify when you order as this is a couple of years old)

you will need 2 each of the following:

4SV-23135-10-00 METAL, SLIDE 2 (Lower Bushing)

3P6-23135-00-00 METAL, SLIDE 2 (Middle Bushing)

4SV-23125-10-00 METAL, SLIDE 1 (Upper Bushing)

4SV-23115-00-00 GUIDE, COVER UPPER (Washer)

4SV-23145-01-00 OIL SEAL

4SV-23156-00-00 CLIP, OIL SEAL (Ring clip)

4SV-23144-00-00 SEAL, DUST (Dust seal)

You will also need 2 liter of fork oil

Hey, Bryan. Perfect date...4 days before my new knee gets put in. I'll be there early to pull the front forks. This time I'll bring fork oil that's not filthy. I rebuilt them at your place about 13,000 miles ago. Should I just change the oil?

Can you guys just help me put my new knee in so I don't have to go to the hospital?

Hey, Bryan. Perfect date...4 days before my new knee gets put in. I'll be there early to pull the front forks. This time I'll bring fork oil that's not filthy. I rebuilt them at your place about 13,000 miles ago. Should I just change the oil?
Can you guys just help me put my new knee in so I don't have to go to the hospital?
Yup, change the oil this time Greg and you'll be good for another season. Don't forget to pick up a set of replacement fork springs to balance that new shock!

Knee replacement...do you have the FSM with pictures & directions???
blinksmiley.gif

--G

Yup, change the oil this time Greg and you'll be good for another season. Don't forget to pick up a set of replacement fork springs to balance that new shock!
Knee replacement...do you have the FSM with pictures & directions???

--G
I do have an excellent photo of what a 64-year-old knee with no cartilage and no meniscus looks like but no accompanying manual. I figured the way J was tearing through tires on that machine at the fall meet he could probably just use the tire changer to do it. I trust him.

I'm in, I just need to learn how to take this new thing apart. If a fart smeller like Don Carver needs help, I'm screwed. ;)

I am definitely in this time!

I’d really like to see someone else do a TBS on my bike (as I am never satisfied with my results) and, I’d like to have my front fork oil changed and rear shock adjusted properly. Last year I had a GP rebuild the forks with the 20mm kit and I had a Penske shock installed. There are 20,000 miles on them now.