Finally Rolled One

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
Guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Rolled MowieMowie, a 14hp sears riding mower. Happened pretty quick. Not sure how many times Mowie rolled but I rolled one more to stay away and I did 3.

Of course all the safety crap is disconnected. I saw both blades just twirling away and approaching. Just sharpened too. Great.

Today? MowieMowie is just fine. Me, the right shoulder, wrist, upper front ribs, and head hurts. You know, where every breath kinda hurts?

What a dumb ass.

Think I'll mow some more today..... NOT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez, I spent many summers riding medium and large lawn tractors, and never had close call - and my parents garage was underground - so we had a sunken driveway with an unfenced lawn area right to the edge of each side. Now that you've started the story, shouldn't you finish it so we understand what happened?

Some time back my friend John's wife rolled their mower.

When they brought her home from the from the hospital John proudly showed her the new and improved mower.

Roll Bar, Seat Belts, and Helmet on the seat.

John spent more time in the hospital than she did.

My safety stuff is disconnected. For sure. I haven't rolled one, but when I bought the house I live in now, I moved first, because of work, with the family to follow in a month. I bought a riding mower. Not new but unused. Was backing it off the truck using boards for ramps. No one else around. Didn't notice that front wheel caught the board and walked it back. Mower fell from the height of the truck bed. Gripping the wheel in one hand, and whipping the other in the air like a bull rider, I hung on while the mower fell hard enough to kill the engine, just flat enough to keep from rolling. Glad you're mostly okay.

Phah!! Ever roll a bobcat? The fun part is figuring out how to use the bucket to flip yourself back over!

I can't believe that someone who has lived in California as long as you have has not "rolled one" before!

Where were you in the '60's and '70's?

Did you roll a few and smoke em before you rolled Mowie? Sounds like it...

Like Zilla said, WTF Carver??

Bad shit happens fast, behave yourself DC.

Guess I'll be quiet about tipping my spray quad last week near a busy intersection in Auburn. Wish I had a picture of the two lovely ladies who helped me upright said quad.

Glad you are not injured more seriously. I understand the disabling of some of the safety stuff, but I leave the shutoff switch that is under the seat active so the mower shuts off if I fall off. If you need to get up from the seat and still want the engine running then maybe a tip over switch is the way to go. Those spinning blades are very scary.