New problem,engine warning light.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheeliea

Reaction score
I swear the more I fix this thing the more needs to be fixed!

Gen 1 2003,running and trying to balance the carbs,trying
banghead.gif

I notice the engine warning light is not going off,disconnect the battery no change

22 on the speedo..........is she trying to tell me something?

Gen 1 2003,running and trying to balance the carbs,trying
banghead.gif
There's your problem!

These bikes don't have carbs. They're throttle bodies.

On the more serious side, I question starting another thread assuming this is a "new" issue and presuming it's not related to the old problem in the other thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am assuming that this is not related to that........ya know what happens when you assume.

Since it fired right up,and runs fine.I am hoping it is just something I missed or cause I messed up the throttle bodies.

Buy a manual. Look up the dash diagnostics.

Depending on the fault, all rest diagnostic 62. Error and history diagnostic 60 and 61.

List of engine check lights vary generations to generations.

Normally something a bit more serious

Very easy then you have everything the right gear.

Hey Ignacio,I see your from Tricities,I met a iron butt guy on the Keller ferry a couple yrs ago from that area...I was riding a old black FZ750,we talked about the FJR,he recommended the FJR so I bought one.If that was you, Thanks

Hey Ignacio,I see your from Tricities,I met a iron butt guy on the Keller ferry a couple yrs ago from that area...I was riding a old black FZ750,we talked about the FJR,he recommended the FJR so I bought one.If that was you, Thanks
Likely me. I rode Wilbur to Keller twice in 2015....April 24 solo (I think on my '14 FJR) and June 19 with two other riders on adventure bikes.

Sorry you found one that doesn't appear to be bullet proof...yet anyway.

Likely me. I rode Wilbur to Keller twice in 2015....April 24 solo (I think on my '14 FJR) and June 19 with two other riders on adventure bikes.

Sorry you found one that doesn't appear to be bullet proof...yet anyway.
I logged 6,000 miles on a used Craigslist first gen FJR without a burp....I am thrilled and it was everything you said it was,I have ground the pegs on corners I have driven late into the night,I would sell all my other bikes to keep it.most of the problems are caused by me! lol

I logged 6,000 miles on a used Craigslist first gen FJR without a burp....I am thrilled and it was everything you said it was,I have ground the pegs on corners I have driven late into the night,I would sell all my other bikes to keep it.most of the problems are caused by me! lol
Made my day! Thank you. I'm glad it has treated you so well.

As for your FJR, I would think there might be a diagnostic code if there's a light. I'm both and embarrassed and happy to report that I didn't know how to do this because I've never, ever actually had an error code. And my search skills were striking out finding the magic thread on this forum...and then I suddenly remembered a fragment from like 12 years ago in this place. It's on a great companion website (guy in Spokane area made it).

Press and hold both Select and Reset while you turn on the key. Do not release the buttons until you see the Diag screen appear. (about 8-10 seconds)
That linked section should at least produce a code number if there is one.