North Casades Hwy 2017 Clearing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fontanaman

Robin Trower
Reaction score
Hot of the WSDOT press is clearing of the North Cascades Hwy begins on April 10th and WSDOT is predicting a June opening due to snow depths of 35' in the avalanche chutes.
sad.png

The event in Mariposa maybe over before my first ride of a Washington classic. No mention of clearing dates on Cayuse and Chinook Passes - those generally open much later than the North Cascades Hwy.
sad.png
sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info., so much for spring fever. Could make the early loop thru manning up in BC maybe, have to check their clearing schedule.

Hang in there Fontanaman, better weather is just around the corner...July 5th!
--G
Hey with a bit of research I found things may start looking up in April --G, even at your house!

Now it is out I go to remove the moss from my lawn. This year the moss has taken over the lawn - it is quite a mess. Is it ok the thread jack my own thread? :D

Good Ole moss removal. Don't miss that a bit. Or the darn pine needles.

Now back to the topic at hand. I do not recall such a late opening for Hwy 20?

Hang in there. June-uary will be there before you know it.

Detour a bit south John, and head west over Hwy 2. When you hit civilization on the west side, I'm only about 5 miles off Hwy 2...swing by and I'll have a cold adult beverage of your choice ready and waiting for you!

--G

This type of thread cracks me up! Three of us rode to West Virginia in February. Didn't see a single snowflake.

This type of thread cracks me up! Three of us rode to West Virginia in February. Didn't see a single snowflake.
That's because there haven't been any mountains in the east since the Ordovician period 40 million years ago. Without mountains there aren't any mountain passes to clear.

Detour a bit south John, and head west over Hwy 2. When you hit civilization on the west side, I'm only about 5 miles off Hwy 2...swing by and I'll have a cold adult beverage of your choice ready and waiting for you!
--G
PM sent
And on the east side of Stevens pass, hwy 2 is wenatchee. You're always welcome.

As of Last Friday WSDOT says it could take 8 weeks to clear and they are only in week 3. If that is the case it should be open for Memorial day week end.