Short Local first ride on FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fjr doc

Reaction score
I bought the new to me FJR 2006 possibly the last good day of fall right before winter and it has been sitting in garage sine then. As the temps got warmer i was able to start working on it getting all the necessary maintenance done all fluids changed and deep clean and lubed.

The first good free day of spring came for me this last weekend and took the baby out for a group ride through some SEO twisty. It was a short ride with only around 300+ miles. All back roads and was having fun initially. Was able to hang easily with well oiled and piloted sports bikes etc. Bike was starting to become more difficult to handle as the day progressed. I was thinking either i am getting tired and not used to bike of this size, or may be some of my maintenance work is back firing on me. Little did i know i was loosing air from a nail puncture area in the rear tire, very slowly but surely and by the time i hit the pump it was getting real low. But anyways it was still a good day out. Will plug it and try again 2 weeks from now. Really have to see how the bike handles in some tight twisty with a proper set up suspension and of course a good rear tire
biggrin.png

some pics from the ride

Came out of the shed for some sunshine

2FF7EE8F-4144-4ACF-837C-693224CEFBB1_zpsxqxj9zr5.jpg

break at a local loop while out for first test ride

FFCA5C74-C185-44E0-99A0-DDC9135BB2BE_zpsa2kiwzg4.jpg

some pics from the ride day

285D5A4F-096A-4DBF-8883-E5C2F9EAAD87_zpssbldmexr.jpg

A232767B-37A9-48E0-8455-902E72A62E40_zps1hfadf07.jpg

B9E66D6C-FA9A-4521-9DC4-1CEF68AA0B67_zpsgyhistt8.jpg

B11F7867-4827-4A4C-9A79-59BE5086ED56_zps7hd7fbkr.jpg

C0E6D7B8-6671-411A-89FE-EBC3880FB65D_zpsi1qua2fw.jpg

Trade with him?

82D9F184-CE88-48D8-89A6-13860D30E3C4_zpsmv0twuhj.jpg

got home and first thing to do was ...
smile.png

A5A60F61-0991-4DA2-8B93-B080B23E18C3_zpsq5rikyqc.jpg

Video : Started a whole new channel to start documenting some rides and ramblings. I was always a stock exhaust clean low volume lover. But for the sake of getting good videos i decided to invest in some after market exhausts. Aim to get clean clear pur ride videos and avoid having to add music cover. Hope you guys like the video and might keep making and adding more as months go by.

She's a beauty. The air loss will have tainted your handling/ride for sure. Next time is going to be golden!
Yea, it was so weird to ride, I was lucky I didn't crash out I guess

Nice job Nivin! And welcome to the FJR fold! Good to see you came to your senses...
Haha :) I just hope I keep my senses long enough on this one :) see you in seo soon

I would have the tire removed and have a plug patch installed from the inside.
I was wondering about this part, for now I just plugged it from outside. Don't know how long this guy will hold. To take off and plug/patch will need to take it to local tire guy :(

I'm from Northeastern Ohio, and love to rides the twisties of SEO. I put 477 miles on the clock Sunday.

Very nice pic's. Hope to see you at the SEOR.

I'm from Northeastern Ohio, and love to rides the twisties of SEO. I put 477 miles on the clock Sunday.
Very nice pic's. Hope to see you at the SEOR.
for sure Ray, need to get together for some day rides down to seo and back. You and joe are way up north eh, now i dont feel so bad about being in north eastish canfield area :D Alo if possible try and come out for the epic ride in may 21, hoping to have enough fjr show up so we can have our own snob group :D

I did ohio rt 464 from Lisbon south then rt 800 down toward Marietta last sunday. We'll have to meet up for a ride soon.

I did ohio rt 464 from Lisbon south then rt 800 down toward Marietta last sunday. We'll have to meet up for a ride soon.
i guess u meat 164 right? i wonder where you with another sports bike guy? we came across an fjr and a ducati/or Mv while riding up 164 last sunday

i guess u meat 164 right? i wonder where you with another sports bike guy? we came across an fjr and a ducati/or Mv while riding up 164 last sunday
Guilty as charged. He was on the yellow duc and I on the graphite FJR. We stopped in Scio for lunch then he went home and I continued south toward 800.

Guilty as charged. He was on the yellow duc and I on the graphite FJR. We stopped in Scio for lunch then he went home and I continued south toward 800.
Nice, the world is getting to be such a small place. Wonder if you remember seeing us, I was on a blue one leading an SV and two ducs up 164 when u guys were heading down. Ran across another guy in a random gas station and recognized his bike and ' knew' him from one of the build threads he had posted in another forum. Indeed the world is getting smaller.

If you ever head out this way give me a heads up, may be I can give you a tow around some local favorite loops. Pretty good selection in the eastern wing itself without having to go all the way Deep South

Nice, the world is getting to be such a small place. Wonder if you remember seeing us, I was on a blue one leading an SV and two ducs up 164 when u guys were heading down. Ran across another guy in a random gas station and recognized his bike and ' knew' him from one of the build threads he had posted in another forum. Indeed the world is getting smaller.
If you ever head out this way give me a heads up, may be I can give you a tow around some local favorite loops. Pretty good selection in the eastern wing itself without having to go all the way Deep South
Vaguely...Bike is new for me too, so I was paying more attention to learning how it handles on that twisty road. So far I'm suitably impressed. My only other frame of reference is my Buell, and for as highly rated as Buells are for handling, the FJR is much easier to push into turns. The Buell seems a bit heavy when I switch back to riding it now.

Yeah. PM me your contact info and I'll shoot you a text if I'm heading out your way. LOL

-Rob

Nice, the world is getting to be such a small place. Wonder if you remember seeing us, I was on a blue one leading an SV and two ducs up 164 when u guys were heading down. Ran across another guy in a random gas station and recognized his bike and ' knew' him from one of the build threads he had posted in another forum. Indeed the world is getting smaller.If you ever head out this way give me a heads up, may be I can give you a tow around some local favorite loops. Pretty good selection in the eastern wing itself without having to go all the way Deep South
Vaguely...Bike is new for me too, so I was paying more attention to learning how it handles on that twisty road. So far I'm suitably impressed. My only other frame of reference is my Buell, and for as highly rated as Buells are for handling, the FJR is much easier to push into turns. The Buell seems a bit heavy when I switch back to riding it now.

Yeah. PM me your contact info and I'll shoot you a text if I'm heading out your way. LOL

-Rob
Send you the pm, on apr 22 (next Saturday ) I will prolly be heading down to seo for some more scout work. Prolly will be joining couple of fjr . Let me know if you can make it, I can meet you in Canfield Ohio