Deals Gap aka The Dragon will be closed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry33319

Reaction score
The dragon will be closed for road repair intermittently for 30 minutes at a time from April 19th thru April 29th. They will stop traffic and work for 30 minutes then reopen it for 30 minutes and then repeat during normal work hours. If you are planning a trip to here, you might want to just ride some of the other beautiful roads in the area.

That would work quite well. Although after leaving Cumberland Gap I would ride thru Harrogate and turn left on 63. That is a fun road with a ton of switchbacks and sweepers.

i am leaving tuesday for a trip down that way

looking for ideas for the week of 23 and 24th, will have a few days to burn to do new things.

thanks all

Check out Smoky Mountain H-D in Maryville. They have a ride each Tuesday called Project Ridemore. Any type of bike is welcome and it is a group ride which usually consists of 300-350 miles of backroads and history from the ride leader. I have ridden my FJR with them on many occasions as well as my wife on her Honda VFR. They welcome everyone.

Sounds nice, conservative pace i would guess, that might be a struggle for me, lol

Have from Sunday to Thursday or Friday to find things or rides to do.

Not as conservative as you might expect. The leader goes the speed limit or a couple above but they do not slow down for the curves. Almost all the H-D riders that show up have decent amount of miles on their bikes and they ride them instead of just going bar hopping. You might just be surprised and actually have a good time. They do not even dress like pirates. They wear jeans, riding jackets, some vests, but I have never scene any puffy shirts like on Seinfeld.