2016ES - Vstrom Handguards?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faster675

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I've searched the faq, fjrcomparo, and the forum. ... Can't find an answer. ...... I had the V-strom hand guards on my 2005. .. One of the best mods ever. ..... Does anyone know if the same kit will fit on a 2016?

I had the V-Strom 650 guards on my Bandit 1200 - they were really nice in the cold weather. That style only mounted at the lever pivot point - not at the bar end.

Please post pics and info when you get this setup and installed.

Congrats on the '16 FJR.
punk.gif

Wow, those look pretty good. Were any modifications needed (dremel) to get them to fit?

Also, is there any contact when at full lock?

Thanks for the pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, those look pretty good. Were any modifications needed (dremel) to get them to fit?
Also, is there any contact when at full lock?

Thanks for the pics.
Yeah, a few minor mods were needed. Slightly enlarge the bar end opening(s) to fit the OE FJR weights, spaced the RH bar end with a thin washer so the throttle was free and sourced a short spacer for the RH lever pivot.

No contact at full lock. For winter, I use Watershed muffs and there's ample clearance even for those.

--G

Thread update, just ordered these from link above and with shipping to Seattle the total was $33.47. Lol I was only entertaining the thought of hand guards then I found these at this price, I couldn't not have them in the garage as an option!

Perfect! With summer coming to a close I started thinking about these again. Haven't installed my old ones as they're sorta weather-beaten but I've missed them. For this price a no-brainer.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Mayhem454" data-cid="1405617" data-time="1537119143"><p>

Thread update, just ordered these from link above and with shipping to Seattle the total was $33.47. Lol I was only entertaining the thought of hand guards then I found these at this price, I couldn't not have them in the garage as an option!</p></blockquote>

Thanks a lot! It was not on my farkle list but $33.47 shipped was too good to pass.