Headlight Relay part identification

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaulinAshe

Reaction score
Simple - 2007 Gen-II - I would like to have the replacement Headlight Relay (On/Off) in-hand before I tear it down. Yami schematics and service manuals don't have item numbers that match the parts diagrams. Parts diagrams don't have a description beyond "Relay".

Does anyone have the part number or a pic of the Headlight Relay (On/Off) handy to help a brother out???

From the Electrical Specs table in the FSM:

Headlight relay
Model/manufacturer ACM33211 M05/MATSUSHITA
Coil resistance 96.0 Ω

It is the same part as the Radiator Fan relay.

The "Electrical 2" page of the exploded parts fiche shows only one of the relays in the nose faring that there is two of, that is item #24 5EA-81950-20-00

2nd%20Gen%20Relay%20Parts.jpg

From the Service Manual drawings those two relays are next to each other in front of the battery, below the main fuse.

Maybe if you remove the battery you can access them before you remove the front cowling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Fred. Even the local Yami dealer said... "You'll have to bring me the old one first."

I hate removing that damn nose, mostly because ALL my wired comm, accessory power feeds, integrated PTT switch etc. feeds in & out of that section. I shrink-wrapped all the connections and tie it all up. 151,000 miles without a single failure of all that electrical/comm I added. Figures the OEM headlight relay would be the first to crap out.

confusedsmiley.png

So from the thread linked to by Carver, it appears I picked the wrong relay from the possibilities in the parts fiche.

The linked posts say the headlight relay is 5DM-81950-00-00, which would be #27 in the fiche.

Hope you didn't already order that relay, Jeff.
weirdsmiley.gif

It's probably the same relay used in the ABS system. They have the same pin configuration, are both single pole single throw, and both handle the same large currents based on the fuses feeding them.

ABS Relay Part# 5EA-81950-20-00

Tag 18 on the ABS parts diagram.

Latest posts