Modifications I made to my bike over the winter

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutch

Reaction score
I was busy this winter up in the land of the wind chill factor - thanks to the heated garage.

wtKBhdJ.jpg

m7N3yuC.jpg

PqbA7rF.jpg

Thanks

Bar-end mirrors offer a great view behind and stay perfectly clear, no buzz.

My preferences for roads are the most complicated, the stock mirror location is right where I want to look in tight corners. Heres a picture of a bike I was sport touring on in 1980 with bar-end mirrors,
Z62ekKh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice mods on the FJR.

A man after my own heart, 400 Four with Yosh pipe. That sounds so sweet in the upper revs. I had thatsame pipe on my race bike.

Canadian FJR

Nice mods on the FJR.
A man after my own heart, 400 Four with Yosh pipe. That sounds so sweet in the upper revs. I had thatsame pipe on my race bike.

Canadian FJR
Thanks - A light bike with a 52" wheelbase will teach you some things.Many great memories touring the 400-4. One trip was Michigan to Deals Gap, then to Myrtle Beach, up the coast to Kitty Hawk, then back to Deals Gap - back to Michigan, in 7 days.

Whose light brackets are those? I don't like the ones that came with my Clearwater lights.
Me too -- so I made the brackets from 10 gauge stainless.The bolts are stainless carriage bolts turned down and polished in my lathe.

iEfsZYS.jpg

Me too -- so I made the brackets from 10 gauge stainless.The bolts are stainless carriage bolts turned down and polished in my lathe.

Nice work.

I have been attempting to get some of the Real Time ones that put the lights in the same location but it seems that they are NLA.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took the lights and stood at the front of the bike moving them around to find the position that looked the best to me. Then I took some aluminum sheet and formed a shape that would hold the light there and transferred that into stainless. I have a tool called a Beverly Shear that cuts metal like butter, makes it easy to form shapes like those mounts and my cruise/dimmer bracket.