• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Rear fender covers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve'o'

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get those pesky small plastic rear fender covers that cover the holes when you remove the saddle bags?

I need a set for a Gen 1.

Tks

You can hope that somebody around here has a spare set - either doesn't use them or has sold their bike and wants to sell them. Otherwise, you can buy them from Yamaha - on-line parts places list them but a full set of six pieces will cost you on the order of $200 +shipping (+exchange, +duty and taxes). (That's discounted from a USA supplier)

Edit - I don't use mine but I have a Gen II and will probably keep them for the day I eventually pass my bike along to a new owner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ebay is your friend as most years are color specific. I always use them, as I ride w/ a trunk and no bags (unless on a trip).

I picked up a set this past fall on ebay.

They are out there. Just need to do your due diligence and check regularly.

But I surely wouldn't pay $200 bucks for them. I paid just under $30.00 shipped.

Good luck with your search.

Tks guys, if anyone has any for a Gen 1, any color, it would be much appreciated. I've checked on ebay and there's only one piece, no sets, so far. I've also checked on Ron Ayers microfiche, I can't order from them here in Canada, and I believe the one that fits underneath is discontinued. I'll keep looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
The covers are really cosmetic so I wouldn't worry about the bottom one unless you spend a lot of time lying on the ground looking up. Ron Ayers (and lots of others) should ship to Canada without any issues but if you go that route, make sure they use USPS and not UPS - UPS charges an obscene brokerage fee!!

Due to the ridiculous cost of these bits, you are still far better off to get a set from someone here. There are a few GenI bikes being "parted out" in the for sale section. Might be worth contacting some of these guys.

"six pieces"? "bottom covers"? I never knew there were covers on the bottom.

But if the four covers for the top will suffice, I have them. A little scuffed up from riding around in the glove compartment for all the years I had the bike, but still not in too bad of condition.

I managed to find 4, two top and 2 bottom, from kieefjr, who was graciously willing to sell them to me. A rattle can in the near future will make them perfect.

Tks for all the replies.