gen3.5 windscreen removal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faster675

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
already searched. ... My fsm is still in the mail. ...

Could someone please tell me how to remove the painted plastic covers which provide access to the windscreen mounting screws?

Could someone please tell me how to remove the painted plastic covers which provide access to the windscreen mounting screws?
What specifically did you try searching on?

I found in Gen 3 Bin O' Facts quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
The screw is accessed from underneath, here:

(Click on image for larger view)

The plastic can take a bit of wriggling to remove it.

Be especially careful when you put the covers back on. Be sure they are properly seated before you start tightening the screws, otherwise you can break the plastic tab that holding the threaded metal clip. Don't ask me how I know!! !
punk.gif

Thank you McAtrophy! I am always grateful for clear, concise, and helpful information
smile.png

Any specific suggestion on how to wiggle the covers off (i am working on it now) ..... Got it. .. While gently pushing up, concurrently push upper retaining clip towards centerline of bike to releas spring which prevents upper clip from releasing. ...

and then i pull the new touring windscreen out of the box, and it is for a 2006 (parts guy at the dealer ordered the wrong one - when i was picking up and odering parts for my new 2016 ES) .... Ah well. ... Back to the dealer