Going for a 50CC LA to Jacksonville 6/5

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2429 miles in less than 50 hrs?! Nooo freaking way! (stated for the less educated in LD riding)

You're putting in some pretty good miles in a short amount of time (including your BBG3K). Sounds like more fun than a person should be allowed to have. I'm jealous.
bad.gif

Next to Tony's Trifecta and 50CC, I'm still just a young pup....

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck with your ride. Brings back fond memories of my 50cc four years ago. What a ride that was. Not sure if you ever read that ride report. If you've got about 3 hours to spare, check it out HERE. And what ever you do, don't make the mistakes I made along the way. Here's hoping that it's not nearly as hard for you as it was for me.

Gary

darksider #44

Wow! Coast to coast in 50 hours seems like a near impossible feat! That doesn't leave a lot of time for rest or breaks, huh?

Safe travels!

This is a new one for me, but the experienced guys say that it's easier than a BBG. 37 hours of saddle time leaves 13 hours for rest breaks. A group of members did one last April, stopped in Kerrville Tx for 6 hours of sleep, and made it in about 46 hours. Piece of cake
punk.gif

NTXFJR posed: This is a new one for me, but the experienced guys say that it's easier than a BBG. 37 hours of saddle time leaves 13 hours for rest breaks. A group of members did one last April, stopped in Kerrville Tx for 6 hours of sleep, and made it in about 46 hours. Piece of cake
punk.gif
Piece of cake, brother.

no%20more%20likes_zpsfbrx7swr.jpg

We decided to switch the start point to San Diego hoping the traffic will smile on us. 4:30 am and it's game on!

This is on my bucket list. Would it make any difference going east to west? Prevailing winds and all?

Congrat's.

Dave

Dave, the only winds that are worth considering are the crosswinds that you will encounter. I prefer east to west because you deal with slower speeds and congestion early, then it opens up to a faster, more spread out riding from Texas on. (From the west) I tend to need my first break in Louisiana- which is not a rider friendly state. Rest stops are rare, accidents are time eaters and drivers are actually trained to drive in the left lane at slow speeds. We found proof of that on this ride. Get wet/ finish dry... East to West is best IMO