Coming to YFO? Win a Pair of Clearwater "Darlas"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
I posted about this in the YFO thread (post no. 609), but I think it's worth a separate thread so it will show up in the "Recent Topics" list. It might just be enough to nudge somebody on the fence to come to the rally, or at least to come to the dinner. (For that reason, Mr. Admin, please don't merge it with the YFO thread?)

Take a look at the post referenced above. We'll be raffling off a pair of "Darla" riding lights (with FREE installation) generously donated by Glenn at Clearwater Lights up my way. The details are in the other post, so check it out.

And by the way, it's almost a last-minute effort, but since we're doing this raffle anyway, Tyler and I agreed we'd see if we could get some other donations from those of you who'll be attending from all over. See if your dealers and any local vendors will kick something in for our swag pile. They're often willing to do something for a good cause if you ask, and it will be a good cause, as I explain in the other post. We'll be raising some funds for a local charity in the Mariposa area. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will go out and twist a few arms myself.
punk.gif

You know this is just mean to tease those who really wanted to make this and could not because of other obligations. Well, I will certainly make the next one, and hope to at least win a empty beer bottle.

I put a post tonight in the ride planning thread about some of what I know about the passes this time of year generally, and also a place to stop at SilverLake on 88 that would be a nice lunch place or to stay a night. Anyway, if I could find a room at the Mariposa at this late date, I'd like to come up and see what all folk have done to make their FJR a comfort dream machine, so I asked if I could come along. If you've got room for another bastard, I could try to score some swag from my local shop, Stockton Yamaha. Do you think that would help?. Like tee-shirts and stuff. Maybe a few Shoei or Arai helmets they've got lyin around, ya know? Who knows, maybe some riding gloves. What could I use to entice the shop to do us a solid? For instance, how many riders expected? All on FJR's? Do you have a name for the Motley Crue that can be used to check state gansta databases for authentic hardass purposes. Anyway, I would like to contribute if I could, and I'l like to ride up there Friday and stay the night, come back Saturday. I'm still in a worker bee mode, so gotten be in Stockton Sunday night latest. Whatcha think? I'm the "New Guy". Daniel

I put a post tonight in the ride planning thread about some of what I know about the passes this time of year generally, and also a place to stop at SilverLake on 88 that would be a nice lunch place or to stay a night. Anyway, if I could find a room at the Mariposa at this late date, I'd like to come up and see what all folk have done to make their FJR a comfort dream machine, so I asked if I could come along. If you've got room for another bastard, I could try to score some swag from my local shop, Stockton Yamaha. Do you think that would help?. Like tee-shirts and stuff. Maybe a few Shoei or Arai helmets they've got lyin around, ya know? Who knows, maybe some riding gloves. What could I use to entice the shop to do us a solid? For instance, how many riders expected? All on FJR's? Do you have a name for the Motley Crue that can be used to check state gansta databases for authentic hardass purposes. Anyway, I would like to contribute if I could, and I'l like to ride up there Friday and stay the night, come back Saturday. I'm still in a worker bee mode, so gotten be in Stockton Sunday night latest. Whatcha think? I'm the "New Guy". Daniel
More swag would be awesome. There will be close to 70 riders joining in the fun so the shop would get a big PR push... not sure what type of name you're referring to as this isn't really a "club" or anything... just a bunch of crazy m'fers going for a ride in the same general vicinity on the same general bike with lots of farkles for you to ogle! ;)

What she said. And if the "home" motel is sold out, there are other motels, campgrounds, etc. You're even close enough to just ride home that night, too. You should do it.

And more swag is always a good thing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Festar, San Francusco to Mariposa is a lightweight run, even for you.

Cheers Mate, better luck next time.