R.I.P. Ellie.... šŸ˜ž

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad German

Reaction score
Without going into the details, we had to put our dog, Ellie, down today. She was a rescue my wife saved way back in 2006. She was a very skittish dog who lived in a pen the first 1.5 years of her life. My bride rescued her and gave a new life. She lived the rest of her days with our other dogs and as much love as you can give a dog.

I miss you already, Ellie.

condolences on your loss. It is never easy to go thru that. We have 2 rescue Old English Sheepdogs now. I'm sure she enjoyed her years in your family.

Good girl Ellie, good girl.

I feel for you... we lost 2 beloved, long-term pets to illnesses in the last couple years. They leave a hole that takes time to mend. However torn you feel inside at having to make the decision, know you did the best thing for her. I held both when they were each put down, talking sweet things to them--my wife was outside balling. Moments I'll never forget.

It took a year before we were ready to bring a new pup in, and then again a year later. We're still missing the prior doggies, but the new ones are doing their best to become "our forever favorites".
smile.png

Sorry to read this, MG. Dogs are so special. I miss mine today, she's been gone for over a year now.

I wish I had some sort of comforting words but, having been through it myself more than once, I know there aren't any that lessen the pain of losing a 4-legged family member... I still have the collars and a favorite toy from each of my pups that I keep in a shadow box with some special photos... I smile more often when I see them than shedding tears now... but damn if I don't still miss them. Sending you and your wife a big hug...

Good girl, Ellie... run free at the Rainbow Bridge... hope you find Doogan, Bart. and Samantha up there while you're frolicking free from all that ailed you down on this plain.
wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much, guys, for all of the kind words. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that she's gone. I miss seeing her with the other dogs, I miss hearing her bark when the other dogs bark, I miss seeing her food bowl out, etc. I've been through this before, and it's never easy. She'll be missed, but never forgotten.

Thanks again everyone.

MG, so sorry for your loss. Like most other people who love their pets, we have had to go through the same thing many times. The worst for us was losing Petey, our old black lab, last year. But the joy they bring us is absolutely worth all of the hurt of missing them when they leave us.

I hope your Ellie finds my Petey up there, too. Because, if there is a heaven, it sure wouldn't be worth a damn unless all of our dog and cat friends are there waiting for us.