waterproof gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no such thing as waterproof in motorcycle gear. If you really want that you should wear dive gloves.

If you want water-resistant...I use a pair of normal gloves and then a pair Aerostich digit covers.

Or pack multiple sets of gloves and change out necessary.

On a rainy trip to Florida (the cars were pulling over under an overpass) I wore XXL dish gloves over my (thin) riding gloves. They work great (once you squeeze them on) and grip well and ARE waterproof. No crash protection. Hi viz too !

Today I wear Aerostich 3 finger covers over (thin) riding gloves. Better in every way except not hi viz.

BMW GS Dry gloves. Just right length, just right insulation (with heated grips), GORE-TEX X-TRAFIT so no loose layers in between shell and liner, very decent protection. Didn't fail me yet and are my to go gloves whenever it is below 65 degrees.

Not "bike" gloves, but Red Wing (shoe store) winter work gloves work well below freezing and dry in the rain for an hour or so at least..

For cooler weather I wear a pair of TourMaster insulated & water resistant gloves. In warmer weather, I stretch Nitrile gloves over my thin riding gloves. You need to find the XL size.

I am still seeking "Waterproof Motorcycle Gloves" it is my personal Holy afraid like quest. Currently trying a Klim waterproof Goretex double-throw-me-down variety.

I discovered a few years ago that waterproof gloves are as efficient at keeping water in as out.
mda.gif

Those digit covers look great. I use Cyclegear "waterproof" gloves because I'm stupid. They aren't even water averse. They suck. But they keep me from soaking my nice leather or pilot's gloves.

Another user and fan of the Aerostitch three-digit things. They look dorky as shit, but that's OK because I do, too.

I am still seeking "Waterproof Motorcycle Gloves" it is my personal Holy afraid like quest. Currently trying a Klim waterproof Goretex double-throw-me-down variety.
They kept my hands dry today during a one hour Montana gully washer!

They kept my hands dry today during a one hour Montana gully washer!
John, which Klim gloves are you using? I was looking at the Adventure Long Goretex but a lot of reviews mention that the liner sticks to your hands, then fails.

I currently use the Aerostich over-gloves which work very well but they are the only part of my riding gear that isn't waterproof - it kinda sucks to stop just to put on over-gloves.