Nicky Hayden Dead

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nicky will always be my hero. I had the pleasure of watching him win his 1st Moto GP at Laguna Seca in 2005. He went through the corkscrew so fast it scared Rossi. I think that race gave him the confidence to win the chamionship the next year.

RIP Kentucky Kid

Nicky will always be my hero. I had the pleasure of watching him win his 1st Moto GP at Laguna Seca in 2005. He went through the corkscrew so fast it scared Rossi. I think that race gave him the confidence to win the chamionship the next year.
RIP Kentucky Kid
I was there too, he was great! Also watched him at Sears Point in AMA racing. Good stuff indeed and will be deeply missed. Close knit family so it must be real hard on them, I'm sure Earl never wanted to out live any of his children.

Last edited by a moderator:
A truly tragic loss. Very few have represented American pride and humility with the combination of raw talent and work ethic as Nicky did. An awesome ambassador for the sport and one that will be missed by many. Ride on Kentucky Kid, your legacy will live forever.

Remember when Nicky was in rehab?

Remember when Nicky was involved with drugs?

Remember when Nicky was involved in that domestic abuse incident?

Remember when Nicky was caught cheating?

Remember when Nicky was caught saying disparaging things about the USA?

Remember when Nicky was badmouthing other racers?

Remember when Nicky was throwing temper tantrums because things didn't go his was in a particular race?

Remember when Nicky was disrespecting law enforcement?

Remember the time Nicky embarrassed himself and the rest of his family by acting like a complete idiot?

Remember the time Nicky acted like a self absorbed douche?

......yeah, me neither. There are racers with more wins, titles and championships than Nicky, but I doubt you'll ever find one with more grace, class, honesty and all around 'good guy' qualities.

The irony and unfairness of events like this are never lost on me. The irony of someone who flirted so often with the ragged fringes of "the envelope" at ridiculous and incredible speeds being struck down while almost certainly riding at less than 25 MPH, and the unfairness of someone with such a magnificent sportsman character being taken in lieu of some of the most notorious dirt bags in the field. Such a loss.

Thanks Kevin. Bought my poster to support the cause. That crazy camera angle makes it look llike he laid it down in the corner!

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when I first saw this in a breaking news story back in May, I was shocked. Nicky was an awesome racer and person. He'll be missed.

Latest posts