Commuter Gear- over a business suit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Lumberg

Merica
Reaction score
I've been fortunate for a while and haven't had to spend much work time in a suit in a while. Some tectonic shifts have me thinking I may catch an assignment that puts me back in a suit most days. If assignments allow, I hope to maintain my almost daily riding habits. I rode in a suit on my BMW when I had to, but this is a little different (less wind protection). The elephant in the room being stitch, what other options might you recommend? I'm more concerned with not cooking than I am with anything else. I've previously used frog toggs horny toadz paired with 5.11 hi viz patrol jackets. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Change when you get to work. Not sure if you are on the road traveling for a job though. That would make it a little more difficult.

Dave

Why are you not considering 'Stich? It really is the best for riding in business attire. Others make copies: Olympia, FirstGear and Tiez come to mind.

I may try a stich jacket and use it with my (excellent) firstgear HT overpants. Looking at Darien vs light.

Bill Lumberg said:
I rode with a guy who had a new one piece the other day. It was easy on easy off. Impressive. He looked hot as hell, while the rest of us were fairly comfortable. May just have been him. He was definitely the best protected of the group. Waffling between Darien light and Klein latitude. Only $20 difference.
I rode with a guy who had a new one piece the other day. It was easy on easy off. Impressive. He looked hot as hell, while the rest of us were fairly comfortable. May just have been him. He was definitely the best protected of the group. Waffling between Darien light and Klim latitude. Only $30 difference.

I have nothing productive to add to this thread, but I had to post that I love your tags for this thread. I want an aerostitch for sure, but man they know what they want for them... too many things on the want list for less keep getting in the way. Maybe next spring I will be able to swing it.

Mr Lumberg, Make sure you take off your suit jacket and fold it neatly into your topbox. Consider the same for a necktie.

Even the slightest amount of time below 30 mph in riding gear will put permanent creases in my dress clothes. A well-protected suit jacket covers the wrinkled-up dress shirt.

PS: I sweat a lot anyway, so the inside of my 'Stich becomes a sauna if the Downtown Connector grinds to a stop.

Yes- it does no good for you to protect your suit if you have steamed it while you're wearing it. I rode in a suit (tie and jacket stored) plenty in the RT, but it had a little more wind protection. I just bought some Darien pants. For cool weather. May revert to 5.11 hi viz. you can wear it all under that and come out pretty good. The connector will kill any crease.

What's a business suit?
In your case it will be most likely camo pants and shirt.
innocent.gif

Dave