Extra Tail Lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainMaxMan

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone sells a setup to install some extra brake lights on the cargo storage boxes that come on our bikes? I know I would have to hook up some wiring on it also but I think it would help to be more visible when braking. I done some searching but have not seen anything on this subject. Not that it makes a lot of difference im sure but my bike is a 2015 Model FJR Thanks in advance

Google Admore - they are from Calgary and make quality plug and play kits for Givi topboxes. They have lots of other LED solutions but not plug and play - are you wanting to light the side cases?

On the saddlebags? Not very many have done that. Most of us use reflective decals with Yamaha or FJR logos on them from Realtime Industries: https://www.realtimeindustries.com/fjr1300-reflective-rear-bag-decals/

Most auxiliary lighting is added to the top boxes, or if no top box is installed, to the license plate frame, or below it on the plastic piece. I use a Whelen LIN3 below my plate and TailBlazers in my OEM rear light sets.

Admore lighting is very popular, as are Signal Dynamics, and another place I can't remember the name of. Google is your friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mounted an Admore light bar under the license plate (easy) and I like it a lot. It flashes and then stays on while the brakes are applied and also does that outward-pointing scrolling flash for the turn signals that's very attention-getting. Sells for around $100. They also make a new model for about twice that price that does all the above and also has new accelerometer technology that senses deceleration and brightens even when you don't apply the brakes, like for downshifting. Since we decelerate via engine braking much faster than cars do, that can be important. They came out with it shortly after I got mine, and I kind of wish I had known it was coming. I understand it's programmable, too. I know there are brighter lights available, like those Whelens, but I do like the features of the Admore.

One other thing, remember that lights on your side or top cases just aren't there if you take the cases off.

Take a look at Hyperlites, they are small LEDs the can go a lot of places. They are really bright and can be set up for flash then solid or just solid light. A lot of ADV riders use them because of there small size and huge brightness.

On the saddlebags? Not very many have done that.
A few of us have, ya dork.

Huron52, FJRfarrier and I all have Admore's universal side-case lights. 'Farrier has the bi-color kit on hers.

https://www.admorelighting.com/product/led-kit-universal-side-case-4014/

After seeing extrememarine's setup, I also added Admore's kit for my Givi E52.

https://www.admorelighting.com/product/e52-top-case-led-kit-ts/

So, between the lights on my saddlebags and in my Givi, the ass-end of my bike is lit up light a Christmas tree.

Two other quick points:

1. Admore has excellent customer service.

B. Admore makes an adapter that plugs directly into your bike's wiring harness, which means no cutting / splicing / Posi-Tapping into your bike's wiring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a look at Hyperlites, they are small LEDs the can go a lot of places. They are really bright and can be set up for flash then solid or just solid light. A lot of ADV riders use them because of there small size and huge brightness.
Hyperlights. THAT'S the one I couldn't remember.

On the saddlebags? Not very many have done that.
A few of us have, ya dork.

Huron52, FJRfarrier and I all have Admore's universal side-case lights. 'Farrier has the bi-color kit on hers.https://www.admorelighting.com/product/led-kit-universal-side-case-4014/

After seeing extrememarine's setup, I also added Admore's kit for my Givi E52.

https://www.admorelighting.com/product/e52-top-case-led-kit-ts/

So, between the lights on my saddlebags and in my Givi, the ass-end of my bike is lit up light a Christmas tree.

Two other quick points:

1. Admore has excellent customer service.

B. Admore makes an adapter that plugs directly into your bike's wiring harness, which means no cutting / splicing / Posi-Tapping into your bike's wiring.
I SAID, "Not very many." Not "Nobody." I had no idea you had those. Still, that small group and the few others, count as a 'not very many' although, extremely important. I think with the bags on, extra lights on the backs of them are cool. My problem is I would forget and yan the bag off and pull the wires out. That and no extra lights without the bags on are the only drawbacks I see. If course, it's very rare that I ride without my bags attached.

I had lights in my givi topcases. Flimsy and not bright enough. Then I got the admire small light bar. It makes it look like a police road king has stopped. Braking, blinkers, hazards, super bright. Plug and play. If this one ever gives out , I'll order another.