Auxillary front lighting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountainMaxMan

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been sizing up my 2015 FJR to see where I can put some aftermarket LED lights which I have many types of, but it's not looking like any easy place to install them. I seen some older models had brackets that came out from under the mirror mounts but my cowl is tapered where it mounts, unlike the older Gen bikes where it was flat. I don't see anywhere else to be able to mount them, I searched already but maybe im not using the correct wording or something because I couldn't find anything except for headlight upgrades which I already done to LED. Thanks in advance if anyone can give me some suggestions or links.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks but those are only for Gen II not Gen III like I need
sad.png
You sure? I got no problem helping folks with searches but when it comes to scrolling through a thread you're on your own.
bow_arrow.gif

Scroll down.

"The price for Gen3 light brackets will be $56.00 a set for Stock or FZ1 type brackets shipped to the lower 48 states."

What type of lighting are you seeking? Looking to throw massive amounts of light down the road for night-time riding, or are ya looking to be more visible to homicidal cagers?

I have a set of Rigid Industries D2 lights mounted on T Rex crash bars/engine guards. It is a solid mount but I think I want to move them to some mirror mounted brackets for the sake of appearance, to bring them closer to the center of the bike and higher up, and so that if I ever do drop the bike, the lights won't be the first thing to crumble.

Is anyone running the Rigid D2 lights on the Garauld or RealTime mirror mounted brackets?

Caveat: I have the factory mirror visors attached to my stock mirrors.

Thoughts welcomed.

We have Motolights mounted on the front brake calipers. The triangle pattern from the head light and low-mounted Motolights makes the bike much easier to see. Note that most police motorcycles use this setup for that reason. The narrow beam and low mount mean you do not dazzle oncoming cars at night. Other vendors provide similar lights. When I first mounted them on my '99 K1200RS, lane splitting became a lot easier!