Ohio Rt. 555 claims another one

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gray ray

Reaction score
Riding North on Ohio Rt. 555, about 5 miles, South of Ringold, this afternoon.

Grey Ford pick-up about 1/2 mile ahead of me, left the road on a tight left hander. Smack into a tree.

I came flying around the same corner only seconds later. All I could see was the truck wrapped around a tree.

By the time I slowed down, found a safe place to turn around, and returned to the crash site, there was already another

car that had stopped. I asked the other driver if anyone was anyone in the truck. He said "No". Just then we heard some moaning from the

bottom of the hill. Somehow the driver had been thrown from the truck. He was covered in blood. The E M T's got there very quickly and

stabilized the guy. It took 6 firemen to get the driver back up the hill and onto the road. "Life Flight" arrived several minutes later.

Ohio Rt. 555 "The Triple Nickel" claims another.

Anyone riding Ohio Rt. 555 please keep this in mind.

Those blind rises with the curves on the far-side are really tricky. I have ridden with locals that "know" the road, but my comfort zone for speed on 555 is somewhat lower than them. Deer, blind corners, driveways and debris, oh my!

Those blind rises with the curves on the far-side are really tricky. I have ridden with locals that "know" the road, but my comfort zone for speed on 555 is somewhat lower than them. Deer, blind corners, driveways and debris, oh my!
That's the biggest thing on any unfamiliar road. I'll see guys flying by me. Either they know the road, or they have a death wish.

I agree with Tom - the blind corners, driveways and crap in the road inspire me to keep my speed down on 555.

Ringold to Chesterhill is the most remote and trickiest section of 555.It can be fun and challenging when it's in good condition,but that's seldom the case.I usually just by pass that section and good down down 377 or Congo road.

I can thank 555 for my FJR's....I crashed my Honda nighthawk on 555 a few miles North of Portersville back in 2003,that led to my 2004 FJR.

I wish I could have been riding with you Ray.

Last edited by a moderator: