Northern California Riders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorCal FJR

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Had a great time at YFO and met a lot of great people from Northern California. We talked about riding together, so I figured this would be an easy way to make contact for rides. Anyone who is interested can send me a pm with their name and email address. I will put together an email list and send it out to everyone. Then when you want to ride we will be able email everyone in one shot.

Based on some questions I have received, I will clarify this post. Most of the people I had spoken with at YFO, like me, are north of San Francisco, but anyone is welcome. Just be aware, most rides will probably start north of the Bay Area. If you are south and want to ride up and join in the fun you are more than welcome.

Thanks for all the responses so far!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Great idea. I will PM my contact info. i would love to ride to Quincy, but sadly I have to work during the week.

The first Nor Cal FJR ride is in the books. Sacramento to Quincy by way of Quincy-La Porte Road with lunch in Quincy. Then headed back home by highway 70. We had great weather and roads. Hope I didn't slow you down to much Mike. By the way, how did you like your dirt road excursion?

It's wide open Doug, and it's freaking gorgeous--I can't believe I never went that way before. In fact, too bad we didn't turn around and ride it home after lunch. We did 70 along the river instead and got stopped in four long delays--three for construction and one for an overturned flatbed semi that left a full load of lumber all over the road! Ugly mess. But a beautiful cool day, amazing vistas, and great roads. Hate to think next week it'll be over 100 every freaking day!

And yes, I missed a turn and had a little unplanned dirt/gravel excursion, but even that was gorgeous. BTW, there was a LOT of snow up toward the top of Q-LaP, but on the ground, not in the road. :)

Quincy LaPorte is open? Yahoo!!!!!!!

It's wide open Doug, and it's freaking gorgeous--I can't believe I never went that way before. In fact, too bad we didn't turn around and ride it home after lunch. We did 70 along the river instead and got stopped in four long delays--three for construction and one for an overturned flatbed semi that left a full load of lumber all over the road! Ugly mess. But a beautiful cool day, amazing vistas, and great roads. Hate to think next week it'll be over 100 every freaking day!
And yes, I missed a turn and had a little unplanned dirt/gravel excursion, but even that was gorgeous. BTW, there was a LOT of snow up toward the top of Q-LaP, but on the ground, not in the road.
smile.png
Yes, the road is open and I have to agree with SacramentoMike it was FANTASTIC! We only saw two cars on the road and that was as we got into Quincy. I can't wait to head up there again.

Latest posts