Open Invitation to a PARTY! July 3rd!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
083286.jpg

My family has been throwing a 4th of July celebration on the night before, July 3rd, for at least 20 years--it's a fun one. This year we decided to put an invitation out to everybody on the forum this way. I don't suppose you'll ALL show up, but if you see this post, you're welcome!

We live pretty near downtown Sacramento, about a mile from where I-5, I-80, and California 99 all connect, so it's easy to get to. If you can come, I'll PM you my address.

It's a modified potluck--we provide a main dish and drinks. Your side dishes, salads, desserts etc. are welcome. But when it gets dark, we adjourn to the front yard and we have a HUGE fireworks show in the street. That's the OTHER part of the potluck. Everybody picks up ONE nice "fountain" from one of the fireworks stands. We end up with a fireworks show that would bankrupt me if I tried to do it alone, since we usually have 100 people or more at the party!

And this year, for the first time, we're having a LIVE BAND! These guys do classic rock and blues, and they're great even if they are friends of mine--wait'll you hear them. This promises to be the best 3rd of July bash EVER. Let's see how many FJRs we can put out front.

Monday night, July 3rd, about 6:30. Shoot me a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be touring CA with my eldest daughter the week of the fourth. I'll see what we can do to be in the Sacramento area on th 3rd.

Seriously considering attending Mike. Would there happen to be lodging within walking distance of your place?

Last edited by a moderator:
Like seeing the interest here. Doug and Gayle stayed at a place about a mile from here and that's probably the closest. SOMEBODY will be sober, I'm almost sure (and there's always Uber). We can get you there easy. And pick you up before, since somebody's SURE to be sober before the party starts! :)