2017-06-03 Yosemite YFO Ride Report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
Been working too much overtime (1r20) but could take 3 days off so I did and rode to Yosemite to meet the FJR peeps in Mariposa, Ca.

Had some troubles with KrZy8 which quit running while slow going in hot weather.. she quit running... but then she got me home again. Fuel pump?

A wonderful time meeting new peeps and seeing old peeps too.

So VERY good to meet the Luzyianna Boyz too, Pops, RedfishHunter, and HippyPants too..
whistle.gif

I failed miserably on getting people shots even though I had set that goal. After KrZy8 quit running at the Yosemite gate I was kinda stressing about getting home and lost focus on the picture taking.

Just wish I had more time. Soon enough, soon enough.

Here's my video.

Click the 'V' in lower right hand corner for full screen hi def play.

https://vimeo.com/220692949

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellant photos, videos, music, nice captions.

Overall, pretty damn good Don for taking me on your journey.

You can string me along anytime.

Pretty darn slick vid, Don. And that building at 3:55 in Hornitos--captioned "kitchen? restaurant?"--In 1850 that was Ghirardelli's General Store. Then they started making chocolate. Then they moved the whole thing to San Francisco. The company still owns the old building. The things you can learn on the FJR Forum!

Nice video, Don. Sorry I didn't have a chance to say "hi," but did get a glimpse of you across the parking lot. Next time... (and there HAS to be a next time).

Glad KrZy8 got you home. Great video, love the old stuff, really makes me wonder too.

Good to see you again!

Don - I enjoyed speaking with you and hope to ride with you one day. Let's endeavor to do that. Sooner rather than later.

Nice video work, sir.

Dream vacation = (FJR + son in Fremont + 14 days in northern California) - rain