What's your Mileage For the YFO Trip?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hppants

Reaction score
I got to thinking about the literal lengths that people went to attend YFO and be part of that magical experience. Then it got me wondering what the collective mileage was. Let's find out. I'll tally up whatever you report. Just for a WAG, I'd wager it's over 100K.

Tell us how many miles you rode to and from home for your YFO tour, including any and all side trips along the way.
Edit: Only miles riding the motorcycle count. Truck/Trailer/Motorhome Queens are noteworthy and respected, but we do have standards.

Hppants: 6322 miles
Intech: 7323 miles
Redfish Hunter: 5821 miles
Pops (senior Redfish Hunter): 5793 miles
NTXFJR: 9144 miles
Escapefjrtist: 3214 miles
Craigregs: 4530 miles
Senecahome: 8345 miles
Petey: 5235 miles
Dcarver: 183 miles (it's the thought that counts!!)
FJRRay: 1800 miles
Bugnatr: 500 miles
Neihart: 2832 miles
Mocowbell: 2181 miles
JuniorFJR: 2900 miles
El Toro Joe: 6608 miles
Mocowbell: 2151 miles
Puppychow: 400 miles
Castle: 8330 miles
Ekim: 518 miles
1911: 8962 miles
Neil San Diego: 1150 miles
FrankD: 1300 miles
Tyler: 4119 miles
Panman: 2880 miles
Rich (Neihart compadre): 2832 miles
Jeff (Neihart compadre): 2832 miles
101Pathfinder: 8918 miles
JRew: 790 miles
Nocalfjr: 600 miles
Curly Joe - 2810 miles
Minnesota Jeff - 2819 miles
O-Face: 6800 miles
Fencer: 1750 miles
exskibum: 500 miles

Last edited by a moderator:
8179 by the GPS (8345 by the odometer)
I say we go by the odometer reading. The GPS may be more accurate, or it may not. Either way we can standardize on one.

Although the importance of 100% accurate scientific data cannot be overstated in a project like this one!

I think this was a great idea hppants. I wish I had thought of it. Of course now I am a bit jealous so I will have to eliminate most of the pics and storyline with you from my YFO RR.
smile.png

Odometer miles, it is! Sometimes the GPS doesn't get turned on. I've done it (more than once).

If you don't know exact, then just estimate it as best you can, on the conservative side. Then at the end, we can state "At least xxxxxx miles...."

Junior - when you state "we rode 2900 miles", does that mean you and a pillion, you and other riders, or you/pillion AND other riders? If other riders, how many and are they counted as same miles? I'd like to add them to the overall list.

I got this idea from my safety profession. On a construction site, the sign at the gate says "XX days without a loss time accident." I believe I am correct when I state that there were no incidents/accidents/moderate or major oopsies for this event. So in addition to joining us from a distance perspective, we will all be able to celebrate the accident-free miles. And that's a good thing no matter what!

Last edited by a moderator:
Odometer miles, it is! Sometimes the GPS doesn't get turned on. I've done it (more than once).
If you don't know exact, then just estimate it as best you can, on the conservative side. Then at the end, we can state "At least xxxxxx miles...."

Junior - when you state "we rode 2900 miles", does that mean you and a pillion, you and other riders, or you/pillion AND other riders? If other riders, how many and are they counted as same miles? I'd like to add them to the overall list.

I got this idea from my safety profession. On a construction site, the sign at the gate says "XX days without a loss time accident." I believe I am correct when I state that there were no incidents/accidents/moderate or major oopsies for this event. So in addition to joining us from a distance perspective, we will all be able to celebrate the accident-free miles. And that's a good thing no matter what!
No other riders, Just me and the back seat "consultant".

I rode 2151 miles over 8 days, for an average of a whopping 268 miles per day. Weak!

When touring solo, I'll average around 500 miles per day...but when touring with the wife, she just won't put up with that nonsense.

I rode 2151 miles over 8 days, for an average of a whopping 268 miles per day. Weak!
When touring solo, I'll average around 500 miles per day...but when touring with the wife, she just won't put up with that nonsense.
Listen to your wife! You are fortunate to have Miss Christy ride with you at all. Your wife is awesome.

If Mrs. Redfish were willing to ride with me I would ride a pink Harley with lavender pinstripes if that is what she wanted.

Actually, I prefer to ride about 250 miles a day. More time to scratch and sniff.... On this trip, given time and distance, that was not possible for the Louisiana crew.

Great list so far but we're missing a whole lotta folks. Post up all y'all!

Not wanting to skew this highly scientific data 'pants, my mileage was 3124.
bike.gif

--G