Road Rage..Motorcycle vs Auto

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HuskyRider

Reaction score
An apparent road-rage crash involving a motorcyclist and the driver of a sedan was captured on cellphone video Wednesday morning on the 14 Freeway in Santa Clarita

https://ktla.com/2017/06/21/apparent-road-rage-crash-in-santa-clarita-captured-on-cell-phone-video/

yvWzNqy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Don't bring a knife to a gunfight. And don't bring a motorcycle to a demolition derby. The door kick--not smart. The car driver, felony ADW, I hope. Rider should have stopped for sure, if only for legal self-protection, but HIS possible hit-and-run issue doesn't seem to be the main story here, IMO.

Man, it's funny the different perspectives.

When I watched the video....I saw a guy on a motorcycle kick a car door and the car retaliate and try to run him into the wall. Then mayhem.

When I read the comments from our local news, people say the motorcyclist caused the accident by kicking the car, and the loud thump startled the driver and that's what caused them to run unaware into the motorcycle. Way more "startled" comments than "run him off the road" comments.

Problem is, we start seeing the incident only after the two guys decide record it. And they started recording because they knew some shit was fiddin' to go down.

Sadly, the most injured party is the innocent guy in the white Avalanche that was overturned.

A reminder for us all. Whenever you're in SoCal watch the news. They have the hottest reporters and sleeveless tops are worn year round.

That's not a Hit-and-run accident. That's two intentional criminal acts. One on each side. MC rider committed Criminal Damage to Property, and the car driver is guilty of Aggravated Battery With a Deadly Weapon. NOTHING about any of that was accidental.

What I was wondering was, why the Hogger and the cage appeared to be in the same lane (side by each) together?

I'm definitely no lane splitter (will never be), but looks to me like biker decided he was entitled to squeeze forward into that same lane space.

Guessing cager no-likey, flipped him the bird / yelled at him / <fill in da blank>, then Hogger's indignation turned into a leg movement...

Stupid, selfish humans messing up others' lives. I'd remove both their licenses from this point forward.

What I was wondering was, why the Hogger and the cage appeared to be in the same lane (side by each) together?I'm definitely no lane splitter (will never be), but looks to me like biker decided he was entitled to squeeze forward into that same lane space.

Guessing cager no-likey, flipped him the bird / yelled at him / <fill in da blank>, then Hogger's indignation turned into a leg movement...

Stupid, selfish humans messing up others' lives. I'd remove both their licenses from this point forward.
I was wondering the same thing about why the two vehicles were next to each other in the same lane. I can only guess that either the car moved over into the lane where the motorcycle was, whereby the motorcyclist lost his cool and kick at the car, or the motorcyclist had already lost his cool due to something we didn't see and moved up beside the car to get a kick at it.

I can't believe that the car driver was 'startled' and reacted that way out of ignorance. No driver would immediately swing his vehicle toward the side where an unexpected kick came from, he would either continue straight until he figured out what was happening or move away from whatever hit his car. He knew what it was and intentionally swerved into the motorcycle and then lost control.

Bottom line, both the motorcyclist and car driver are idiots.

Not sure why you posted this in this thread ...but did they arrest the guy on the bike for riding on the road...but it was OK for all those people to be laying in the road?What law did he break?

As for the OP video....yes, two assholes. One on a bike and one in the car...

Stupid stupid stupid move by the rider. Looking at this, I feel like it was a clash over the use of the HOV lane. Actually, when I clicked the link they said the video shooter saw the car cut the bike off to move into the lane. Nevertheless, what was the rider thinking?!?!?!?! He's lucky he didn't go down during the kick, and I for sure don't know how he stayed on when the car hit him. Extreme good fortune to not be between the car and the barrier, as well!!

The story also confirmed that the biker didn't stop, which I assumed from the video. I hope there is some way they can find him!

In HuskyRider's post, I'm not sure why the motorcyclist was arrested, unless that sit-in in the road was actually a permitted demonstration and they actually owned the street for that time (which would be an incredibly stupid thing to actually issue permits on.....) And what's with the hysterical screaming??? Geez!!! (Googled it, found that he was going the wrong way on a one-way street to do that. Well, throw away the key!!!!
smile.png
Without becoming political, I don't really care what those folks were doing, but blocking a road and interfering with others' use of it is reason enough to me to have absolutely nothing to complain about if something happens.

Something had to be going on prior to the start of the video for someone to have gotten their phone up to make the recording. At the point of the start of the video, either driver could have deescalated it, but neither did. Stupid.

One thing I will say about this...

Road Rage Sucks!

I've seen this video on several sites this afternoon, and the thing I see most people get out of this is:

angry.png
All Bikers Are Assholes!
angry.png

Shame, because one video of a motorcyclist kicking a car door - for whatever reason - puts us all in a bad light to the general public out there. Chances are this biker rides this road many times a week, he is now a marked man if that car driver ever sees him again out on the highway; and we all suffer.

Let's be careful out there friends, and do our part to co-exist peacefully out there in the asphalt jungle.

Brodie

rolleyes.gif

Later reports are that the following car saw the cage jump the divider line into the HOV and crowd the rider. They started their camera after that expecting that something might happen.