Nelson Ledges Reopens

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gray ray

Reaction score
That's right ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Nelson Ledges Sports Car Course is going to have it's first trackday in two years.

New ownership, new management, and NEW PAVEMENT.

You heard me right.BRAND NEW PAVEMENT.

The entire track, including pit lane. All of it, ground down, flat and smooth, then two coats of asphalt. WOW!!

July 22 , 23

There's more chatter and a website on Ohio riders.

See everybody there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think so. As I understand it. This is a one off track day, I hope that some of the WERA people will be there to ride and review the new pavement, in hopes that something will develop for next season.

I believe that WERA will be running Vintage Race Days at Mid Ohio. I'm going to be racing in the 250 Class.

If you are there look up the old man riding the number 65 bike. Stop in and and say Hi.

I usually go on Saturday. You aren't the one with the pacemaker wearer info on your helmet? (For the track reescue people)

WOW !!!!! What a terrific track day.

The new paving is absolutely the best that I have ever raced on.

The only time that I have ever put one of my foot pegs on the ground is in a low side crash.

I dragged my right peg three times coming thru turn 13 last Sunday, and the bike stayed stuck to the track.

Scarred the daylights out of me, but the tires held to the pavement like glue.

There is still a few things that need to be repaired and upgraded before Nelson Ledges is a first class facility ,

but the track surface is fantastic.

Next track day is Aug. 19 &20. Be there or be square.

Last edited by a moderator: