E-Mail from Aerostitch

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BwanaDik

Reaction score
Anyone get the e-mail from Andy? I haven't hit any of the links yet, I'm assuming it's legit? Or do I end up communicating with a Nigerian prince?

Seemed legit. Appears he's looking for financially minded individuals to help advise/grow the company and possible new ventures. As i leave all checkbook related matters to the wife, I didn't feel qualified to fill out the survey. I wish Andy well in whatever he pursues...he's been good for the sport.

I got the email, too. I thought it would be cool to work/invest in the MC industry but working with Andy after 30 years of him doing it "his way" might be difficult. He seems to be a guy with strong opinions about how things should be done - look at the resistance to upgrading the RC or the lack of PWM controllers on the Kanetsu line.

I got the message too… For me it is hard to respond… I mean, I like products and have quite a few in the closet, But I really love

The Klim products. Can't commit to something that you have mixed feelings about.

OR it was a heck of a hack job… in which case you would expect a retraction.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hit delete, but I'm curious if anyone clicked on the link for the survey and, if so, what kinds of questions it asked.

Seems legit. If I were looking for investors/funding, I'd love to have an email list comprised of people who can afford aerostitch.

They tend to be intelligent, conscientious, and usually quite popular with the ladies.

Got the email and had exactly the same thoughts. Also made me wonder if he's hurting financially. Seems like the company has changed a bit in the last few years and maybe he's just looking to go in a different direction or get out.

I'm bummed. Got no email. Wonder why? I own a handful of Aero-stuff, and, like MrZappo said, I'm intelligent, conscientious, and quite popular with the ladies.

I have received a few emails from Aerostich recently (not unusual) but I deleted them without reading them (they are usually about Sale items etc).

Now I'm curious.....
banghead.gif

Mr. BR

I took a look at the email in question and others I receive from Aerostitch and they all come from the same mail server. I'd say its probably legit.

For those who are curious, the questions are short and have to do with net worth and experience in the motorcycle and finance areas. No big deal really, you didn't miss much... ;)

I found it in my spam folder yesterday.

I think the spam filter was on to something.

There are way too many people wanting information about you, your background, and finances these days.

Like many others, I don't respond to surveys any more. (This is part of why polling doesn't work anymore, but that's another story).

Since I've never bought any of their clothes (I buy Vanson and Triumph on sale), they must have bought someone's mailing list to supplement their own.

Lil' ol' Andy from aerostitch is the least of your problems if your worried about people wanting information about you.

Facebook probably knows more about me than the doctor who did my colonoscopy.

I did not get an email, he must know I am financially a risk. I'm broke, because I spend my money on silly things like motorcycle trips and rum.

Sac - can I be in yer club?

heh heh, I spend my money on gas/parts for the bikes, alcohol, and pretty women. Not necessarily in that order LOL

I stopped into Aerostitch this morning after spending a few days in Duluth. I didn't notice any changes at the store. It was the wife's first time there and she was totally unimpressed.

Facebook probably knows more about me than the doctor who did my colonoscopy.

If Facebook is a legitimate measure, I do not exist. But I seem to recall that there was another thread devoted to this topic a year or two ago.

As for the email, I thought it was innocuous .... sort of like fishing without specific intent to do harm, as opposed to phishing.