Skeene IQ-175 Programming Questions/Issues

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSaul

Reaction score
I have installed the Skeene IQ-175 to my aux lights and cannot get it to do the double flash before you switch the high beam 3 times. I have used this before on another bike without issue. The lights do work and the 3-way toggle works for off, variable percentages for the others work as well. I just can't program to validate the percentage. I have e-mailed Skeene and they are traveling in Europe right now and have extended response times.

Any gurus here that may have had this issue before?

Thanks

I had a similar issue with mine a few years ago. Rerouting the wiring for the Skeene away from the HID ballasts solved the issue. Skeene thought that the noise from the ballasts was preventing the system from seeing my inputs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to disconnect the wire from the skeene that goes to the switched/12 V or battery for the skeene to put directly to the battery. It initially gave me the flash needed to get into the program then the double flash goes away after turning off. I will wait to hear back from Skeene as I suspect as you listed above there ma be interference from something.

I have the 175 and it flashes within seconds of power on to know when to enter programming mode. I was able to exchange e-mails with Bill from Skeene. He suggested a few things and I was able to resolve it. The issue I was experiencing was created by the power to the skeene being supplied before the power to the aux lights. I ran the aux lights via a PDM60 and had a 7-second delay before power on. I connected the skeene to the same power source as the aux lights and it resolved the issues I had. Both Skeene and PDM60 (Rowe Electronics) have been very responsive to my support questions.

Last edited by a moderator: