EOM 2017 - Official "I will help out" thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extrememarine

Reaction score
Ok folks - we're inside 90 days from the event...

Here are the area's that we need help with. If you commit to helping, please follow through. We all come to these events to catch up with friends we see a couple times a year. The same folks should not be sitting behind a table handing out shirts and name tags all the time. We're not going to sit all night handing stuff out either.

Thursday - Registration - sort, assemble, hand out rally name tags / lanyards / raffle tickets / T-shirts

Friday - Registration (again) - hand out rally name tags / lanyards / raffle tickets / T-shirts

Saturday - Registration for stragglers, group photo cat herder & photographer, Banquet M/C, Silent Auction, 50/50 raffle, and clean up after banquet

Please post here, I'll create a list in this post as a running tally from both forums and FB groups.

Thanks - Let's Ride!!

Wayne

Hi Wayne. I would love to sit at a table, or stand by, and hand out stuff as well as say Hi to the attendees as I may only have met a few of them in the past. This is a great idea. Open to help on Thurs. or Fri. I will be riding from Deals Gap on Thurs. Have no idea how long it will take, but if I'm not tracking fast enough, I can jump on a freeway and scoot along faster.

Wayne,

Would love to help out again at the registration. When it gets a little closer I'll be able to lock in my arrival date and let you know which day I'm coming in. Shooting for Thursday arrival and registration.

Don.

You know I'm in to help... happy to do the group photo again as well as assist with registration. Not 100% sure what time I'll arrive on Thursday so let's say Friday or Saturday to be safe. B)

Mona and I are getting in on Wednesday so I see no reason I can't help some on Thursday. Will firm up plan closer to the date.

Wayne,

Put me down for handing out lanyards again and whatever else you need handed out at Thursday registration.

Can't believe you promised moderate temperatures and zero rain but count me in.

Don.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wayne,

I will be arriving Thursday afternoon around and will perform any (official) duty you wish.
help.gif

George

Update – Rally Help.

Ok folks, we’re 2 weeks out, time to finalize and confirm who is helping out. I’ve gone through both threads and tried to consolidate a list of those who put there name in the hat to help. Everyone knows these things don’t happen without a tremendous amount of help and effort behind the scenes – I am always humbled and grateful for everyone who pitches in to make EOM a success each year.

This year, I will not be able to stay for the entire event. I will be in Wytheville on Thursday evening to kick things off, but have a family event in Michigan Saturday afternoon that requires my attendance. Family and friends are what make up our foundation; my younger brother, at the ripe old age of 39 has found a lady that has turn out to be Mrs. Right. I’ll make the ride home on Friday to ensure no cold feet develop…

That said, here is the list of those who have put their name in the hat to help – please let me know if I missed anyone, or if you’re not able to help.

I will see everyone next Thursday!!

Wayne

Registration (setup, handing stuff out, clean up – Thursday, Friday, Saturday)

El Toro Joe, LKLD, Tyler, FJRVFR, Extrememarine, Gerald & Benda, BikerGeek(&Sooze), Deagle (Don), Bseelbach(Brandon), Cota95(George)

50/50 Raffle

Allen_C (I will bring raffle tickets)

Banquet

Intech(Bob), Clocklaw (Gerald / Brenda), JWilly(Jason)

Update to help list:

Registration (setup, handing stuff out, clean up – Thursday/Friday)

El Toro Joe, LKLD, Tyler, FJRVFR, Extrememarine, Gerald & Benda, BikerGeek(&Sooze), Deagle (Don)

Friday: Blufjr

50/50 Raffle

Allen_C (I will bring raffle tickets)

Banquet

Intech(Bob), Clocklaw (Gerald / Brenda), JWilly(Jason)

Setup / clean up as needed: Philjet09,

Group Photo (& cat herding for group photo) – Tyler, Yamafitter (Bill) – Drone footage!

Sorry - missed it, but have you listed for Friday.

I offered to help but not listed as a helper?