Now That the 2017 IBR is Done: Other Rallies?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bounce

Chicks Dig Scars
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't want to lock the 2017 IBR thread because there are some Riders who may not have had time to rest before adding insight to the content.

However, to post about other rallies also seems to dilute the content already there.

How about discussions of other rallies go here (until they split into their own threads)?

I know someone recently posted about MD2020 (typically hosted by a friend) as well as others.

How about it?

Rally the Void coming up in September. Registration is now open with 3 start locations. PA, TN, and GA all finishing in Fredricksburg, VA. Always a great time! Hopefully this year no hurricanes.

the endpoint of the NIITWIt has moved from Monroe LA to Shreveport, with 12-hour and 36-hour classes, both running "start anywhere".

it's listed on rides.jasonjonas.com

How the West Was Won 2017Heaven and Hell

https://hw3rally.ledrider.com/

cool.png
Tomorrow is the last day to register!

Here's the latest on NIITWit

Code:
...The NIITWIt group (Not In It To Win It) is hosting our third NIITWIt Rallyon October 27-28, 2017.  There is a 36 hour rally (6am Friday Oct 27 - 6pmSaturday Oct 28) and 12 hour rally (6am Saturday Oct 28 - 6pm Saturday Oct28) (all times Central) which will be an anywhere you want to start andwill finish at the Hilton Garden Inn in Shreveport, LA.  The goal of theNIITWIt Rally is not to win......but rather to come in last place by havingthe least amount of points at the finish.  The prize is the coveted 'LastPlace' trophy.You can register for the rally on RideMaster ([URL="https://goo.gl/qJzBLV"]https://goo.gl/qJzBLV[/URL]).  Onceyou register, we'll send you the link for the end hotel so you can reserveyour room as part of the event block.  Your rally fee includes entranceinto the rally, your rally flag, a t-shirt, some swag, and dinner at theend banquet.  We use an all-electronic format which means that you take allbonus photos with a digital device and then e-mail the photos into rallyscoring where you can receive fast approval of your bonus submission whichalso greatly streamlines the final scoring process to less than 5 minutes.All rally forms are sent electronically and you will receive your rallybook electronically about 2 weeks prior to the rally start.  Rally flagsare mailed to you once we receive your signed liability waiver form andother required rally documents.If you have any questions, just shoot me an e-mail.  We have plenty ofspace and hope to have you guys come join us in October.Regards,Paul Tong

Just a few days left to sign up for the VOID at rallythevoid.org

finish in Fredericksburg, VA, the 10-hour starts there and the 32-hour versions start in PA, GA, and TN.

Hope to meet a few of you there and at NIITWIt

Boondoggle, I'll post my Void rider number once we get our flags. Always nice to meet fellow forum members. I'm starting in WIlkes Barre, you?

doing the 10-hour, travelling for work that week and get home at like 11:00 Thursday night. Look forward to seeing both you guys

VOID is next week - if you're doing the 10-hour, you should have your GPS files and a couple of correction messages from Rally HQ. Always a good idea to check the news/updates page on the rally website too
rtfm.gif

Flag numbers 51 and 52 this year. Working on routing, keeping an eye on the weather forecast too. Unsure if I want to avocado coastal areas and head inland or chance it and maybe deal with the tail end of Irma or Jose if it makes landfall.

See you at the finish!

Got to sit beside chuck and his wife at dinner, we had a great time. I was 3rd of 11 in the 10-hour and Chuck and Mona finished right behind the Big Dogs in the PA start (she beat him, actually)

Rock N Ride rally has been announced for April 20-21, 36 hour start-anywhere, finish in KY (?).

Next year's VOID goes back to the first weekend in October.

This was my only rally of the year and now I have the bug really bad... really hoping to make the NIITWit

Great meeting you at the finish! I fat fingered my start text leaving 24 points on the table, my own fault. She would have still finished ahead of me by virtue of a more accurate odometer anyway. I was happy with our efficiency though, having the best points per mile out of our start location.

NitWit would be cool but have vacation coming up, attending EOM and then heading to Barber Motorsports museum. Our season of rallying is pretty much wrapped up.

Chuck and Mona finished right behind the Big Dogs in the PA start (she beat him, actually)
That's funny that she beat him. I scored her and she didn't seem the least bit interested in what her score was. I explained to her why she was losing points and she just pointed over at Chuck and said "whatever, he plans the route...I just ride".

Chuck and Mona finished right behind the Big Dogs in the PA start (she beat him, actually)
That's funny that she beat him. I scored her and she didn't seem the least bit interested in what her score was. I explained to her why she was losing points and she just pointed over at Chuck and said "whatever, he plans the route...I just ride".

Love her attitude. She apparently did some things better than Chuck. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.