European Helmets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No idea about the helmet but I can say nothing bad about my transaction with Motostorm. Givi V47, 357 and back rest. Less than 2/3 the cost of buying anywhere in the states. Good luck!

If they allow returns, go for it. I say that because I bought a like-new Neotec from a private party that was unwearable, whereas my current Neotec fits like it was custom made for me. When I delved into the matter, I learned the private party Neotec was not made for the US market. That led me to believe Shoei makes different shaped liners for different markets*. Even with spooning and trimming, I was never able to relieve the pressure on my forehead from the private party Neotec......YMMV.

*some years ago, I read some Shoei propaganda indicating they had redesigned their liners to better fit the North American market, and I never thought to ask the seller where his Neotec was purchased.

I also have had great experience using motostorm.it for the purchase of my Givi V47, and SR57. They do have the best pricing, and very fast shipping

The price I posted was usd shipped to me with a 20 euro coupon. The size chart seems to be the same. My only concern is the DOT sticker. But, is any LEO going to question a full face helmet to begin with?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've made a few purchases from them and have been very pleased. (Although Googling their location had me scratchin' my head). Only mistake I made was one order of boots of which I wasn't sure of the fit. Wanted to send them back but return shipping was prohibitive. Ended selling them though without taking too much of a hit.

............... Shoei makes different shaped liners for different markets*. Even with spooning ........, I was never able to relieve the pressure on my forehead from the private party Neotec......YMMV.

lol spooning ???
smile.png

I've used motostorm for a bunch of euro-made equipment with significant savings. They've never let me down. Recently, I bought a scorpion adv helmet and was surprised to find that it didn't come with a DOT sticker. After noodling on it, why should it?

Don't be surprised.

Also had very positive experiences with motostorm, but imagine returns would be cumbersome at best. I'd never be concerned with a DOT sticker...it's just a sticker. If LEO offers his opinion of my "non-stickered" top-of-the-line Shoei he can free up his afternoon for full length conversations on DOT, SNELL, and SHARP ratings.

Also had very positive experiences with motostorm, but imagine returns would be cumbersome at best. I'd never be concerned with a DOT sticker...it's just a sticker. If LEO offers his opinion of my "non-stickered" top-of-the-line Shoei he can free up his afternoon for full length conversations on DOT, SNELL, and SHARP ratings.
I had the rare privledge of getting pulled over and receiving an impromptu safety inspection in Buffalo, NY a couple of years ago. Aside from the normal lights, horn and tires, he checked for the sticker on my helmet.

I had the rare privledge of getting pulled over and receiving an impromptu safety inspection in Buffalo, NY a couple of years ago. Aside from the normal lights, horn and tires, he checked for the sticker on my helmet.
There would've been some words exchanged

I've never even heard of that! Lol. I'd think the helmet sold in Europe is built to the same protection standards as a helmet sold in the U.S. Sheesh!

Being retired Highway Patrol I can assure you there are Officers out there who are very aware of DOT/SNELL/AUNZ STANDARDS etc and make it there business to check helmets for stickers.

Just saying so buyer be ware.

I also don't trust Insurance Companies, if you're wearing a non stickered helmet and receive head trauma in an accident will they use that as an excuse to decline payment?

Yes I'm a glass half empty person sometimes.

I stripped down my helmet recently to install Quiet Rider hearing protection. One thing that struck me was the overall simplicity. It may look fancy, and have lots of stickers, and the maker might have a hundred bullet points listing all the features. But in the end it's a shell with a bonded layer of EPS foam and some padded lining. If I was a cop, the main thing I'd be looking for is that the helmet is a good fit, because the single most important thing is probably that the helmet stays on your head in a crash.

Speaking of Shoei Neotec helmets, Has anyone found this helmet sold new in the U.S. discounted? I have been looking and it seems everyone is asking the $600 plus number .

Speaking of Shoei Neotec helmets, Has anyone found this helmet sold new in the U.S. discounted? I have been looking and it seems everyone is asking the $600 plus number .
Give Cycle Therapy a call and see what they'll do for you. Don't be surprised though if you're told it's a 'final sale' type of deal.

Latest posts