FJR Highway Pegs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadlizard

Reaction score
Saw reference to Wild Bill's highway pegs. Search didn't reveal a retail source. Any information on this or other highway peg options for an 07 FJR would be appreciated. I guess I was spoiled by my VTX's floor boards and multiple foot rest accessories. Need to reposition the artificial knee occasionally.

Saw reference to Wild Bill's highway pegs. Search didn't reveal a retail source. Any information on this or other highway peg options for an 07 FJR would be appreciated. I guess I was spoiled by my VTX's floor boards and multiple foot rest accessories. Need to reposition the artificial knee occasionally.
WILLIAM RILEY

11239 DELANO STREET

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, CA 91606

818-487-9313 e-mail: [email protected]

No retail source, just the man that makes them. Not sure about the '07, but Bill is the man to ask. I have these on my '04. In a recent session of pavement surfing, they caused no additional damage to the bike and caused no leaks where they are mounted. I will have to replace a peg, but the plates are repairable. (just bent up a bit)

A +1 for Terry aka Wild Bill. On my 06, the left side plate didn't fit perfect. Had to hog out all three holes to make it fit. Sent email, which was quickly responded to, and a new left side was on it's way, no charge. It too wasn't perfect, but close enough. All in all, a good product with great service support and I would/will buy from them again.

Gang, if you want the plates powdercoated medium dark silver (to match the engine), satin or gloss black, (or even flash pink as an unnamed rider wanted, but I convinced him otherwise) send me a PM and $12 and I will return them to you as requested. Wild Bill will send them to me as well...

Last edited by a moderator:
Gang, if you want the plates powdercoated medium dark silver (to match the engine), satin or gloss black, (or even flash pink as an unnamed rider wanted, but I convinced him otherwise) send me a PM and $12 and I will return them to you as requested. Wild Bill will send them to me as well...
Are you still powdercoating these brackets? I know a rider who would like to have this done?

A +1 for Terry aka Wild Bill. On my 06, the left side plate didn't fit perfect. Had to hog out all three holes to make it fit. Sent email, which was quickly responded to, and a new left side was on it's way, no charge. It too wasn't perfect, but close enough. All in all, a good product with great service support and I would/will buy from them again.
I thought Terry was Wild Bill's wife?

But other than that, +1 on all said here. The brackets are great.

i amvery interested in your highway pegs for my 2007 fjr I really appreciate the people who can inovate and share with others many should market thier items with pride . contact me ,please, at bigred2007. happy and safe holidays to all and safe riding. Ron D.

bigred ~

I'm sure Wild Bill will be happy to work with you on the sale of a set of brackets and pegs, but I don't know how much time he spends here on the board. You would be better off looking through the links included with this thread and finding his ordering instructions. I think the link ScooterG posted gives all the details.

Just drop him (Wild Bill) an e-mail. It might be a long time before he finds your request for contact here.

Don

I used the wild bill highway product https://www.fjr-tips.org/acc/pegs/pegs.html I bought just the mounting brackets only and had them powder coated. Then I went Kuryakyn https://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=metric&ci=3262 and bought their higher end highway peg and had it mounted. Here are the model numbers I ordered. Good luck. It was a lot of work but I am glad I did it.

1 of 8002 Large Male Mount ISO-Peg (pr): ($44.99 each)

1 of 7996 Offset Mounts (pr): ($49.99 each) I mailed the brackets to Girard who then had the brackets powder coated in engine gray to match my bike so they did not stand out and would not rust in bad weather. I think the cost was like $12. Ask Wild bill to forward the bracket directly to Gary at the address below and he will power coat it for an additional $12 and pay the extra money to Wild Bill and include your final delivery address.

Last edited by a moderator:
2006 and I went a very similar route.....the "K" pegs are really high quality, and you will not be disappointed (except for the fugly chrome, unless that is your thing)....

bigred: email Wild Bill at [email protected] and you will have what you need in a week or so...

+1 on the 07 WB peg mounts...love mine!
Also great work by Garauld on the bracket powder coat + the powdercoating of my Kuryakin pegs (came from the factory in Harley Chrome...)

I found some black ones that look like that already from Rivco to mount on my Wild Bill brackets. I like the black better on my 08 also.

Doctorj

2007 WB peg mounts w/powdercoat etc etc....

Somebody tell me if I'm wrong on this , the footpegs are great until its time to change oil. IT makes a fifteen minuet oil change an hour longer when doing self-oil change.

MIck

you're wrong. had them since they first became available and it hasn't impacted my oil change times or process 1 bit. i use one of those nylon strap filter wrenches (and always have). it works without a bobble and packs small into a travel tool kit.

you're wrong. had them since they first became available and it hasn't impacted my oil change times or process 1 bit. i use one of those nylon strap filter wrenches (and always have). it works without a bobble and packs small into a travel tool kit.
Yep! The brackets add about 2 minutes to my filter change time. I don't have a strap wrench and use a large pair of "water pump" pliers BUT...the filter comes off and clears the Wild Bill bracket. I DO have to remove my FJR Goodies foot guards, and that takes about 3-5 minutes. :rolleyes:

FWIW, if the bracket gets bent a little, it will interfere with getting the oil filter off. Usually not a problem if you just break it loose with the wrench, then remove the wrench and unscrew the filter by hand.

I have had to remove the peg on mine to get some filters off. The nut on the peg interferes just a bit. Not really that big a deal for me.