Carbtune Pro hoses not fitting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiz

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I finally did a TB sync last night on my 2008 FJR.

I have a brand-new carbtune gauge. I found the hoses were very hard to get on to the #3 and #4 nipples due to an adjacent hose on each TB. Also the carbtune hoses seemed quite loose on the vacuum nipples and could easily be displaced to the point where I could hear the vacuum leak.

I finally wrapped the hose ends (not the nipples)with electrical tape to try and get a tighter fit. All seemed ok except #4 which I had to hold in place to get a reasonable reading. The adjacent hoses on #3 and #4 displaced/deformed the carbtune hoses causing most of the leaking.

I'll have to do the sync again. Anyone ever experienced this? I expect I'll need to find smaller diameter hose that will still fit the carbtune reducers.

Any input appreciated.

--Kevin

I wish I had a picture of the setup. We have taken silicone hoses and installed them permanently to the vacuum ports.

Glued the four hoses to a plate and plugged them.This way you don't have to screw with the little caps and it's easy to get to.

Done several with positive reviews.

I have the Carbtune and syncing my old 04, never had a problem with the hoses fitting loose.

It was kind of a PIA adjusting certain TB's (air screws) as the throttle had to be opened(engine now turned off).

I don't know if they changed it for the Gen II..

Been on to other things for a while - sorry for the lack of reply.

I'll try to get a picture, but before I open it up again I'll need to source some new hoses to make new lengths from the restrictors to the nipples.

I recall getting the gauge used. Maybe the PO somehow stretched out the ends of the hoses.