Small ride in the region of the bastides

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gapiob

Reaction score
Yesterday was ride time!

Since 3 months, I leaved near Bordeaux, at Begles.

Since the move, we had not yet the time to take the bike for anything other than the commut of work!

We have remedied this! 2 times last week.

My mother in law being on vacation, she kept one evening my daughter, and suddenly, after work! Hop a small ride in the vineyards, on the small road to Saint-Macaire, a medieval city.

Now, go to dinner!

And during the week end! another ride in the same area !

First stop at Créon!

church

Fortified city hall

and a curiositie! Fossilized oyster

After, we are going to Verdelais (less than 15 km)

Here, we can see the tomb of the painter Toulouse-lautrec

Way of cross

that ends in a calvary

With a nice view on the valley of the garonne

A very nice church

That last picture, in the church, is phenomenal! Thank you so much for sharing this!

it was indeed salmon, and after, a discovery for me ! a steak tartare with... Wasabi!
I like wasabi, I love steak tartare (if meat is good), so I try it, and, I love it, very curious, but very good

FJR riders are truly global.

Excellent ride report. One day I shall like to return to France and next time, ride a motorcycle while there.

And me, One day I shall like to return to USA and ride again in you're country!

smile.png

Witch part of France are you visiting?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well sadly, I've no immediate plans to visit France. The only time I've been was to the southern part (Nice, Marseille, etc). However, my 22 year old son has been 4 times now, and having just graduated from University, has taken a 1-year appointment in Bordeaux to teach English as a 2nd language. Me thinks he may not come home and as such, my wife and I will have more opportunities to visit your fine country.

In my memory, I can taste the wine ....

If you'll come to bordeaux! PM me! And of course, we will taste wine together! and others things...
Your son is fluent in French?