installing dauntless hitch with ya707 shock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poolboytoo

Reaction score
I bought this hitch with no directions so it look like the hitch brackets go to the insde of everything on the exaust mounting bracket . also looks like i will need to relocate the reservoir on the right side for the YA707 reservoir. hoping some else has this figured out and will share the secret. surely someone has this set up.

I had to make a new bracket similar to the original but shifted it inward & forward a bit. I found some thin sheet metal and made a prototype then used some stainless I had laying around to make the permanent one. Wasn't to bad to do, a little fiddling and a little fuddling and some imagination.

I'd take a picture and share but I haven't taken the time to find a new hosting site since the Photo bucket deal. I'm not sure you could see much anyhow as it is tucked in there, It's been while since the install. I'll take a look tonight when I get home.

Thanks Panman, I have started the process of installing the hitch, looks simple enough. I'm surprised not more people have run into this issue. Standby for install report.

Well, I was able to install the Dauntless Hitch I purchased from fastjoyride.

I had to relocate the Ohlin’s shock reservoir to the space between the motor and the shock itself. Zip tied it to the swing arm for the moment. I used 2 huge ½ wide 3’ long zip ties (trimmed to proper length) Thinking I should find better mounting options.

Installed the trailer wiring using the Amore Lighting adaptor “PLUG N PLAY ADAPTOR FOR YAMAHA FJR (GENll/lll) product code A-FJR2” along with the existing plug n play power harness used with the Givi e55 lighting upgrade. So basically you are able to do a “plug n play with another plug n play. Made it real easy.

I was able to go from the A-FJR2 adaptor to the trailer connector socket.

I purchased the Hopkins 46365 short proof adaptor but now it seems I’m converting my 5 wire set up to a 4 wire and my trailer is a Aluma 2018 MCTXLB which is a 5 wire system. Now I have to decide how to isolate or not at all. I'm searching for the answer now.

Latest posts