2015 Paint Codes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K_Flyer

Reaction score
Yes, I did a search, including NEPRT and the BIN as well as online and through the dealer but was unable to find the paint codes for the frame (looks to me like there are three different shades of silver depending where on the frame or engine) or for the wheels. Need some touch-up on the frame where boots have rubbed and a few scratches on the wheels that look like rock impact.

Thanks.

Murray

according to yamaha parts list the paint code (only one listed) is DNMN

Dark gray metallic

I work at a dealer so I can look some of this up

Try Colorrite.com for touch up paint

FWIW

The silver frame on my 2016 bike needed repainting after a shipping mishap. The dealer brought in a painter that matched the color exactly. They told me that Yamaha does not supply paint for frame or wheels. I cant tell you if this is correct in USA.

-Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
The dealer referred me to ColorRite for paint but when you do a search on the 2015, it only gives you the paint code for the tupperware and the side vent panels. They do list three different Yamaha silvers (SL, S8 and S3) but there is no indication which parts get which silver. The wheels are one of the 40 shades of black but I could not find out which one it is. I am rather surprised how easily the silver rubbed off. In less than 20k miles, our boots have rubbed through the paint, yet there is no wear showing on the boot! I think that taking the part off the bike to a paint shop would be very expensive.

Murray

Latest posts