Life Flight PNW - Good Deal?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohnsd

2021 BMW R1250GSA
Reaction score
https://www.lifeflight.org/about/'>https://www.lifeflight.org/about/

Life Flight is apparently offering a good deal on Life Flight Insurance that bears looking into. Saw this on Facebook in the IBRA group.

" ATTENTION INW & PNW MOTORCYCLISTS!

Life Flight (https://www.lifeflight.org/about/) offers critical care air transport membership for $65/year for your entire household:

No out-of-pocket expenses for medically necessary emergent flights if flown by Life Flight Network, even if your insurance does not cover the cost

Covers you, your spouse or domestic partner, and unmarried dependents you claim on your income tax return

BUT ... if you are in any kind of motorcycle club, group, etc., their rate is just $50/year! (E.g., my membership in Christian Motorcyclists Assn. qualifies.)

If you often find yourself riding (or even skiing or snowmobiling) out in the boonies, would this make sense for you?

NOTE: THIS RATE IS NOT ADVERTISED OR AVAILABLE ON THEIR WEBSITE! To take advantage of it, simply contact their Membership Office: (800) 982-9299 "

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great if you have an accident, if you need a helicopter, and IF they send a helicopter that participates in the insurance you've purchased.

There are a lot of discussions on services like this on ADVRIDER.COM and the popular consensus is, when it works out well, it's great to have.

But if they send someone from a different network out to get you, then you're on your own, and you have no way of specifying who they should send or not send.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good info John. While time will always override anything else in emergency response,this is a good precaution, just like my spot tracker is. I'm in.

not useful for the roadside evacuation to medical care, but very useful for return to your home hospital or hospital with a higher level of care.

not useful for the roadside evacuation to medical care, but very useful for return to your home hospital or hospital with a higher level of care.
I think you are thinking of MedJet Assist. A quote from the Life Flight webpage, "We provide ICU-level care and life-saving transport to seriously ill or injured patients from the scene of an emergency or from one hospital to another."

This has been a big issue here in Montana. You will have no influence on which air ambulance company responds to an accident. If you have a deal with one company and another responds, then you cn end up with a $30-50 K bill. I.m not sure if Life Flight solves that issue, but I'll look into it.

Like ALL insurance (or extended warranties), it is a GREAT deal if you need it and it applies to your circumstance. If you don't need it, the money was just pissed away. At that price, I guess it is something I would consider if there was good indication that the coverage would apply to whatever I was doing. Especially if I was doing stuff off-road or in remote areas on a regular basis.

It is sort of like house insurance. Not a huge likelihood of needing it to replace a destroyed home but a relatively low cost compared to the financial ruin if you don't have it and need it. Check to see what's covered and not covered. Find out how difficult it is to successfully make a claim in any particular situation.

What's YOUR risk factor?

Do you have other policies or services that would help cover costs?

I think you are thinking of MedJet Assist. A quote from the Life Flight webpage, "We provide ICU-level care and life-saving transport to seriously ill or injured patients from the scene of an emergency or from one hospital to another."

This has been a big issue here in Montana. You will have no influence on which air ambulance company responds to an accident. If you have a deal with one company and another responds, then you cn end up with a $30-50 K bill. I.m not sure if Life Flight solves that issue, but I'll look into it.
true. and thanks for commenting.

as others have noted, it's the luck of the draw as to who will scoop you off the side of the highway...

it would be awesome if this coverage covered evac from the scene regardless of which agency showed up.

and just a personal opinion: worth every penny.

it's like a seatbelt. you hope you never need it. but when you do, you need it right now.

I noticed recently that many of the heli ambulance services have been merging. CalStar in California, the ones who hauled me to the trauma center, has merged with AirMedCare so we now have coverage from over a dozen services in the West.

My wife got a deal through work for MASA, Medical Transport Solutions. This is a 24 hour worldwide service that does not dictate the provider. We looked into it and they had a lot of really good reviews and for the broad scope of coverage I seem to recall it being about 100.00.