PCV Power Commander V on '13?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GillaFunk

Reaction score
On my '07 my PC III made a huge difference in performance and stabilized a lot of throttle issues.

I purchased a used '13 that had 36k. Now at 46k and I can tell she is overdue for valves or at last a TB sync. Shes not running as smooth as she used to, and definitely not as smooth as my '07.

Now, with my '13, I am curious to see if anyone else is running a PC V, and if its worth the money? Or, did yamaha fix all those throttle issues by now and this jerky throttle response is just an out of tune bike.

SINCE I am scheduled for service, and swapping out to my 8.6g custom tank, would be nice to know that yes, a PC V is worth it, so that I can buy and install it while the tank is already off the bike.

Thanks

Don't recall anyone installing a PC-V on a GEN III yet. In general, my '15 is not nearly as smooth as my previous (completely stock) '09 but I'm filing that under progress...a few threads on the "buzz" with a search.

--G

I thought there used to be a thread running about it. I seem to recall that someone did it and the mapping of it didn't really do much. I thought they said that it was tuned so well that there wasn't much to get out of it as far as improvements. I could be recalling that wrong, it's been a year ago or so since I saw it. I think there was one or two guys trying to map it better but they hadn't had much luck in getting anything out of it.

Power Commander on GenIII

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/169508-power-commander-on-gen-3-bike/?hl=++power+++commander

Note: I don't think you will see a big improvement with the Power Commander BUT there have been a number of reports of problems with the Throttle Position Sensor on Gen III FJRs. You might wish to consider this. Sounds a little like this may be your problem.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/169700-anatomy-of-gen-iii-fly-by-wire-tps/?hl=+throttle++position++sensor

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo Funkay, I gotz noth'in to ad but from what I've read the '06s and '07s had the herky-jerkyest throttle of all years.

Glad ta see yer roll'in up sum miles on that thing. ;)