No turn signals or Flashers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrstew

Reaction score
My 07 has lost all turn signals, running lights and the hazards don't work either. Brake lights work, headlights work, bike runs great as it always does. I replaced the turn signal relay, no help. Fuses are all good.

Checked every spider except the one under the tank because one of the bolts is stripped. All the spiders look pristine, and I had the recall done on S4.

I did an ohm check at the flasher relay connector and the handlebar switch is working.

Would one bulb being burnt cause all the lights to go out?

Taking ez out kit home to lift the tank, judging by the condition of the other spiders though I'm not expecting to find a burnt one.

Any other tips of where to look?

Thanks, James.

One burnt bulb won't make the others quit. A burnt spider is likely to have other symptoms so I doubt it is that.

I would start with fuses and then the relay. Then I would work my way forward (or back) from the switch (or the relay) with a voltmeter to see where you have power. A service manual with wiring diagram would be helpful!

My 06 had similar problems: didn't have left turn signal.

Right turn signal and emergency flashers however did work.

After much frustration and disassembled, cleaned and

re-assembled EVERY socket and connector, the problem

was eventually traced to poor connection within a

connector behind the left front turn signal.

I believe the connector connects the left grip switches

to the main harness.