Winnipeg to Fredericton

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RossKean

Reaction score
This is for the return trip... Both Mid-West and North-East so not posting in specific region.

This Thursday (Aug.24), I am taking three days to go 2000 miles from Fredericton NB to Winnipeg MB to visit my daughter, SIL and brand new (first) grandson!! I will be there for three or four days.

36384562742_14e1e514c1.jpg

I am taking the quickest route there (all in Canada) but want to take 4-5 days for the return trip with some sight-seeing and camping. I was thinking about crossing the border somewhere to the southeast of Winnipeg and doing some of the state and national forests to Michigan UP, down through Michigan (bypassing Detroit) and doing some of Ohio (anything decent in the northern part?) and the forest lands in Pennsylvania. Then to the Adirondacks, VT, NH and home. I know the eastern part of upstate New York reasonably well and I am very familiar with VT, NH and Maine. Looking for some suggestions for possible routes through the northeast corner of Minnesota, top of Wisconsin, Michigan upper peninsula minimal slab through northern Ohio and PA. Decent sight-seeing, decent roads, low crowds and some available camping along the way. Probably Aug.30 to Sept.4. I realize parts may be busy due to the Labor Day weekend...

VERY roughly - not exact roads or routes, just tentative general directions.

https://goo.gl/maps/MKqKntBsM1D2

NOTHING is carved in stone at this point and I am very much open to suggestions. This is 2600 miles. I probably need to keep it to not much more than 3000 miles total. At this point it will be very dependant upon weather and could get cut shorter due to stuff at work.

Latest posts