Rossi fractures tibia and fibula during training

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great race in Misano last weekend! Sorry for those who aren't interested with Rossi on the sidelines, but you really have to love Marquez! he could have settled for 2nd in really lousy wet conditions but he doesn't know how to take anything less than the top step of the podium, not to mention the incredible saves he makes seemingly ever time he goes out there. Outstanding!!

Yup, I can guarantee you that at this very moment there is a raging debate going on at Honda's corporate HQ about letting Marquez go. Sure he is on the verge of winning his fourth MotoGP championship in five years, and yes at 24 years of age it appears he will compete for championships for years to come, but he's just not charming enough,

Well, they've kept Pedrosa for more than a decade now, so winning isn't everything. No one is more charming than Dani.

Eventually Marquez will go to Ducati for the big money, like Rossi and Lorenzo ... unless Ducati has learned their lesson. Naahh ... what are the chances of that.

I'm hoping for Dovi to pull it out. It's been very nice to watch him finish ahead of Lorenzo over and over again this season.

Love the fact that Dovi beats Lorenzo.

Dani is on a seat that he does not deserve and has not deserved ever since he knocked Nicky down in 2006 that could have cost Nicky and Honda the title. Honda should have fired him then.

It was some stranglehold that Alberto PUig had on Repsol management that kept logic from being applied ... that, and the raging debate over Dani's charm vs. his inability to close the deal. NOT.

PUig knew something about someone.

It was nice for Dani when PUig faded into the background.

Lorenzo and Marquez are two peas in a pod.

You can cheer for them if they float your boat.

Give me Casey Stoner, Rossi, Nicky (RIP), Dovi ...

Well, they've kept Pedrosa for more than a decade now, so winning isn't everything. No one is more charming than Dani. Eventually Marquez will go to Ducati for the big money, like Rossi and Lorenzo ... unless Ducati has learned their lesson. Naahh ... what are the chances of that.

I'm hoping for Dovi to pull it out. It's been very nice to watch him finish ahead of Lorenzo over and over again this season.
I agree. I really like watching Dovi. He's a very smart rider.

Dani is on a seat that he does not deserve and has not deserved ever since he knocked Nicky down in 2006 that could have cost Nicky and Honda the title. Honda should have fired him then.
I heard a year or two ago Dani is there because he brings $$$ via Repsol

Why else would Honda keep him?

Either that or he has pictures of someone doing something they should not be doing in the Honda leadership...

Either that or he has pictures of someone doing something they should not be doing in the Honda leadership...
That's unlikely; most of Honda's leadership is so uptight that if they pass gas the sound is ultrasonic.

I saw on Superbikeplanet.com that Rossi has been declared fit to race by the medical team today.
smile.png

Rossi qualified for Q2, and then made it onto the first row. Marquez helped him by crashing on his hot lap. Go Marquez!! (There's the exit).

I've thought about this issue of Dani and HRC some more.

Obviously when you have two prima donnas on the team, there is conflict, jealousy, and drama that can lead to splits, like the Rossi Lorenzo controversy, complete with wall across the garage.

Dani had proven two things. First, he does make it to the podium regularly, and often to the top step. So even if he doesn't win championships for himself, he really helps rack up the manufacturer championship points for HRC.

Second, he is never really controversial or in conflict, except in his rookie year when he torpedoed Nicky. PUig was more controversial than Dani himself. I remember one of the few times Nicky was negative (excluding the actual torpedo event) when HRC built their 800 cc machine to suit Dani, making Nicky learn to work around Dani's Dwarf suited specifications. Nicky said "You'd think HRC would build the new bike for the current champion instead of for his team mate."

So I think HRC keeps Dani for his consistency and lack of competitive spirit. He fits in. Early on, PUig was probably a factor too. Dani will retire with the most victories and podiums in premier of any rider who never won the premier class championship.

SPOILER ALERT FOR ARAGON RACE:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

**********%%%%%********

It was a quartet of Spaniards ahead of Rossi at the end of the day today. Lorenzo's second time on the podium this year. Marquez and Pedrosa were one and two. Rossi finished fifth. Marquez was quite daring. It is easy to see why his fans love him.

But the spectacle of him beating his chest after the finish, and his Lorenzo Land Marquez 93 banner waving lap, remind me of WWF. Folks liked WWF too.

Last edited by a moderator: