PNW Fall Tech Meet #19 - October 14th

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auburn

Reaction score
Time for the Spring gathering, bench racing and tech day. Saturday October 14th at my house again. (If you haven't been here, PM me and I'll send you the address) Starting at 9 AM going until 5 PM. (Cost is $10 includes lunch and helps with shop consumables) PLEASE Respond to the thread if you are coming so we can get a head count for lunch.

Try to keep in mind if you are doing something that takes a lot of time, that it may not be the best place to do it. Some have tried to do a cruise control install for the first time and have not been able to finish.

Maintenance suggested so far are:

Grounding system
Tire changes (Derek Weaver tire machine) for those who need to (please take your used tires with you to the recycle - Les Schwab will take then for a nominal fee)
TBS
PAIR system block off
Various electrical and electronic additions
Brake system flush - please RSVP this
Fork rebuilds

If you are traveling some distance and need a place to stay, there are a couple of motels in Auburn about 5 miles away (La Quinta Inn and a Pepper Tree Best Western).

Lunch - snacks, Taco Bar, salad, and soda. Bring your own beverages for stronger stuff.

There will be a swap meet also. Bring your stuff you want to trade or sell.

Attendees: (Please RSVP that you are coming for a head count on the food)

AuburnFJR & Mrs.
Niehart
Beamer Reamer & Mrs.
escapefjrtist
Hudson
Panman

JamesW

ahchiu

harper

chazglenn3

PhatAir4me

audiowize

redneckj

Ignacio +1

AdamK

Dex857

Rich

CurlyJoe

wingshot

Last edited by a moderator:
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="harper" data-cid="1378432" data-time="1504835546"><p>

I think I'm scheduled to come and help clean parts and put away tools.</p></blockquote>

You need to counsel Don Carver on his knee

IN again.

The terrible fires in Northern California impacted my trip. I was sitting in a motel in Fort Bragg on Monday morning and tuned the TV to a local channel. WOW. My route was right thought the fire zone. I stared at the TV in disbelief, a trailer park wiped out, a furniture warehouse burning down. a hospital evacuated, Santa Rosa burning. The only open road south bound Fort Bragg was Hwy 1 into San Francisco and I had no interest in being near the fire. So I came home the trip cut a bit short but I had a great time. Pray for the people impacted by the fires in California.

Out. I will be on a motorcycle tour of California. Finally get to use the Bushtec trailer. All packed and ready to go. Leaving on October 3 and the return date is unknown.

In, unless I am in at the Grand Tetons National Park. For all you who have harassed me about having to delay my retirement plans at past tech meetings you will not get that pleasure at this tech event as I retired on 8/29/2017.
no.gif

So far fire smoke and a vacation with my wife have or are keeping from heading to the Grand Tetons. The will change at the end of Zeptember and work is no longer a reason to come home.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to make it, I would like to do the pair job. But I'm waiting for the pair and well, It's momma's birthday and etc. Can't commit yet, but for info, how long does it take to do the pair blockoff and does the motor have to be dead cold?

I want to make it, I would like to do the pair job. But I'm waiting for the pair and well, It's momma's birthday and etc. Can't commit yet, but for info, how long does it take to do the pair blockoff and does the motor have to be dead cold?
'junior, bring it over to my shack one day. The gurls can go shopping and we can drink let the bike cool off and install the plates...or as Panman says, wait until your first valve check.

--G

One if by land, two if by sea, either way you will see Mel and Me.

Thank goodness that Mactrophy (sp?) cat does not read this thread else he correct my English, but hey it rhymed!

JP

I'm in. The wife is dragging me to some musical on the 15th, so this shouldn't be a hard sell.