2017 International Motorcycle Show: Long Beach, CA Saturday November 18

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBluesman

Some call me... The STIG!
Reaction score
It's that time of year again.

Lets meet at the usual place, usual time.
The LBIMC show starts at 9:30am. To let people sleep in some, lets meet at the Long Beach Starbucks On Bellflower Blvd at 9:00am (earlier for those wanting to meet, greet, and drink), Saturday November 18. Kick Stands Up (KSU) at 9:30am. The convention center is only about 7 miles from the Starbucks, please be fueled up for the long ride.

We'll figure out a route there, probably side streets.

Long Beach Starbucks:
2890 N Bellflower Blvd, Long Beach, CA‎ - (562) 420-1317
Directions:

Let me know if you're going to meet us and I'll add your name to the list.
FJRBluesman & friends

ynotride +1

Long Beach International Motorcycle Show Tickets.

Use Promo Code:

48 hour promo code save $5 online EBD18

EM218 $4 off (Expires 10/20/17, 11am)

CG18 $4 off (courtesy of Cycle Gear, couldn't find an expiration date...)

If you have other promo codes for more savings let me know

Long Beach Convention Center
300 E. Ocean Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90802
Directions to Convention Center.

Parking:

Motorcycle Parking: Free

Attendee Parking: $10

On-Site Numbers:
Phone: (562) 628-8200
Fax: (562) 628-8201

Progressive MC Show website.

Last edited by a moderator:
You still ride?
rolleyes.gif

The old Socal group on here is no more but I'm sure the usual suspects will be there. Cya in the morning.

The Goldwing bunch came back from yesterdays visit to the show drooling and in hyper-post mode.

A few guys whined about lack of on board storage and reduced mirror sizes, but most came home chuffed.

Were still waiting here for the 2018 FJR to surface at the local dealer.

Thanks for tagging up ET!

It was another wonderful long trek thru parts of LB to the show, beautiful sunny SoCal day. Many laws broken and no accidents (jk). Lets see it was:

Me

My friend who was bikeless, he caged it (didn't want to register/insure his bike for a 15 minute ride)

Fairlaner

ynotride and better half

Steve from San Diego, what the freak is your forum name?

And of course Dave (and again your forum name also escapes me in my old age, I must have what's his names disease) also from San Diego.

It was awesome to see everyone again especially Dave and Steve as I haven't seen or ridden with you guys in many years.

The show was typical, and I got boxed in by jerk bikers when I tried to leave the show. Found a way out and lead others out the same way. No kidding they were so appreciative they thanked me profusely for helping them get out. Parking was so bad that when I left I went down a couple lanes to exit that barely a MC could fit down. Crazy SoCal left Coast.

With such a poor turn out this year from this forum I'm not sure I'll post this next year.... Most responded on Facebook, I've been coordinating this ride since 2008, just sad, that's all just sad....

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to go to the show, but I think the nearest one to me is about 600 miles away. The LB show is about 2200 miles away.

When it came to Atlanta I went.

As for FB, it does appear to have become preferred by many.

Its hard to believe that WWW is now ancient and the domain of the internet dinosaurs.

I like Forums better like this one, Facebook just plain sucks to me I haven't been on it for almost a year except to post this ride.

It's really too bad that the last few years they have really cut back on the MC shows and now Long Beach is the only show in the west. I think the next most western show is in Dallas Texas! That is even more sad.