In 2 Weeks I will be a Judge

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spud

Reaction score
Yep... after 22 years of private practice I take the bench as a judge in Bonneville County Idaho 2 weeks from today. Should be an adventure, and a nice way to finish my career with a sweet state retirement package to accrue over the next 15 years or so. I see more time to ride in my future!
smile.png

On the other hand, this bunch might be considerably of a higher caliber than most of your customers over the next 15 years or so. We might just be what keeps you sane.

Congratulations on the new job!

Elected or appointed? Oh yeah, and congratulations!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all. I will dial back the FJR a notch or two in Idaho from now on. This bike tends to want to get me in trouble
smile.png

I won't be subject to elections, just an up/down vote every 4 years, so it's about a secure as one could hope for. It's been a dream of mine for quite a while, and I was really happy and surprised when I was appointed. While I can't change speeding ticket amounts (set by statute), I might lower a fellow rider's bond if you REALLY eff up and get thrown in jail around here, lol...

Wow! Congrats!

3rd year of law school here (bit of late bloomer). It's always encouraging to see someone happy on the back nine.
grin.gif

Very cool. Congratulations to Judge Spud!
But... does that mean you now will have to start playing golf?

"Your honor, your honor."
Fortunately in Idaho fishing is an accepted substitute for golf. With our short summers there isn't time for both, so I fish....
smile.png

Well, good for you, Spud. Being curious, I did some googling and found an article about how the magistrate judges in those parts were spread so thin they had to be on the road up ;to 80% of the time, which was why the new judgeship was created--this article used the expression "trading work time for windshield time."

I hope the new position doesn't involve that much travel, with another judge soon sharing the load, but I'm picturing the new magistrate judge pulling up to the courthouse on his FJR. A black 2009, of course, with the robes flowing behind. A thought to smile about. Good luck in the new job.