Shim clutch lever for gen1 slave on a gen2 bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttreewalkerr

Reaction score
I have a 2006, and want reduction in pull force. Presently I have the adjustment maxed furthest away from bar.

I prefer a 2 finger pull, but at a light to go in N, I have to pull lever to bar to get N easily.

When I put this 05 slave on it sounds like I won't get an easy N with lever to bar due to action moving more towards bar.

Has anyone removed the adjust dial and put a bead of weld on the face to create a 6 or 7 for adjustment ?

Out of curiosity, have you done a thorough clutch bleed recently? I don't find I need to go right to the bar to easily get it into neutral.

I agree that it would be nice if it was a little easier pull, especially with some developing arthritis in my left hand. I don't like to shift to neutral at a light unless it is a long one - prefer to be ready to make a move if someone is coming up fast behind me.

Are you aware that the clutch can be modified to the GenIII+ slipper clutch? Lighter pull too.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/169230-how-to-upgrade-a-yamaha-fjr1300-clutch-to-2016-slipper-with-easy-pull/?hl=+slipper +clutch

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/167003-13-a-s-clutch-retrofit/page-1

As far as I know, this will apply to a Gen II clutch...

Last edited by a moderator:
I modified the brake lever on my GSX1100G that way, but instead of weld - which could have fused the adjustment wheel - I drilled and tapped an unused position on the wheel for a 4-40 set screw. By experimenting with a couple lengths of screws I found one that gave me the adjustment I wanted when bottomed in the adjustment wheel. Also have found it easier to find neutral while stopped by blipping the throttle while trying to hit neutral.

I can stop the bike with 2 finger pull, it's stopped and I'm finger thickness from bars,, but there obviously is some momentum in clutch grab because as I said it's a little tough to find N, pass by it,1st to 2nd to 1st to 2nd N, ugg. Pull in to bar, N easy.

I changed out the levers to Pazzos to get the further pull range on my 06.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a really cheap bushing that can wear on the pivot bolt that can do that as well- I'd look at it before trying something else.

Latest posts