CrossHelmet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saread

Reaction score
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/491835187/crosshelmet-the-smart-motorcycle-helmet
A buddy sent me the above Kick Starter site. I thought it was kind of interesting. I like the HUD aspect for the smart phone data. The rearview camera is sort of MEH. Funny looking lid, but I think some of the tech ideas are pretty cool. Enjoy.

Helmet funding on crowdfunding sites has been less than successful so far. https://techcrunch.com/2016/07/26/once-promising-ar-motorcycle-helmet-startup-skully-has-crashed-and-burned/

Remember that this is (at best) a speculative investment and $1400 is a fair chunk of change to risk.

So, who's in?
punk.gif

Seems to be a better implementation than Skully had but even if it costs more to wait, I can manage that. Good ideas but I will consider it when something like Version 3.0 is out.

WOW...R-E-A-R VISION...Except, I already have that. Two little convenient pieces of glass to the left and right of each handlebar. Came with the bike. Free!! Badass!! The rest, I can do without, for now. Lol...

Although I'm just an old man that resist change, I'm all in for some helmet innovations (well, not to the tune of $1,400 bucks!). I like the idea of the heads up display if implemented to reduce the confusion with perhaps user selectable display. I like the built-in comm system. I'm not in favor of more weight or more room inside the helmet, I have enough of that already in the Arai. I'm also thinking that point at the chin is going to catch the wind and rip my head off when doing triple digit on the ZX14!! Most likely at my age before all this becomes a reality, I will be replacing my 2 wheels vehicles with the 3 wheel type something like a Sligshot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best thing about that website was the cutie pie modeling the helmet. Wonder if she's really a rider?

(heads-up display has GOT to be seriously distracting ....)

Anybody else notice the gesture pad is on the right side in the video? Wondering if there's a gesture pad on both sides, poor design, or they don't want you doing anything when your hand is on the throttle.

In reality nobody has any idea how this will perform because nothing is really out there yet. In some instances it could be more of a distraction and in other circumstances could be safer. Enough people think something like this is a good idea because this kind of helmet keeps popping up. Eventually one will succeed and the rest will follow. Who knows what it will evolve into, but the helmet is going to change.