Gen II Exhaust fit Gen III?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sporto

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the OEM exhaust slip-ons from a Gen II (2007) bike will bolt right onto a Gen III (2016)

The part numbers are different:

2007 - 3P6-14720-10-00

2016 - IMC-14720-10-00

. Nothing definitive in there.
You didn't really read it then.
fool.gif

Yes, they "bolt right onto a Gen III". That's what "physically interchangeable" means. But, there's also additional information people should read as well that doesn't make it cut and try that they're fully compatible....which is beyond your specific question.

P.S. You should update your profile since you sold your 2007.

Last edited by a moderator:
"1. Stock and aftermarket exhaust sections all physically interchangeable. 2. Gen

2 exhausts include 1 additional catalyzer per exhaust section (confirmed via

boroscope) 3. Gen 3 include reduced # of catylizers to 2 near O2 sensor and

cosmetic tip difference."

Huh...Seems pretty definitive to me.

This forum is unbelievable. Never ever in all my 54 years have I ran across a forum where such a small few destroy the atmosphere for the rest. I totally understand why people leave this site.

To those of you that have helped me thru the years, I thank you.

This forum is unbelievable. Never ever in all my 54 years have I ran across a forum where such a small few destroy the atmosphere for the rest.
Wow. Since the http protocol was only invented 28 years ago you must be a time traveler to have been using forums since 1963. Did you use a browser made by Western Union?
wink.png

Kidding aside, you're right that this forum is unbelievable. It's always been different and pushes folks to be contributors and not just perpetual search welfare recipients or that you just use primarily use it to sell stuff. (12 of the last 13 threads you've created) I'm sorry you don't get what the forum is intended to be about.

Also, you already asked this question with active discussion here. Repeating the question in a 2nd place is a waste of bandwidth. If the atmosphere I'm destroying is laziness on your part--guilty as charged.

To those of you that have helped me thru the years, I thank you.
You're very welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.