16th Annual Ride to the Rock- 11/25/2017

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cota95

RI Beach Pop
Reaction score
16th annual Ride to the Rock!

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls:
I am putting on the schedule the 16th annual 'Ride to the Rock'. The ride leaves from my humble abode in Lincoln RI at 9am and travels the backroads of southeastern MA to Plymouth MA to visit 'the Rock' in honor of our forefathers and Thanksgiving. The ride is held the Saturday after Thanksgiving each year (rain/snow date Sunday 11/26). The ride will go on regardless of how cold it is or how many attend-we have had as many as 29 bikes and as few as 3. We couldn't care less what you ride but we do require the noisy HDs to ride in the rear. Leave a message here if you would like more info and directions to my house. DRESS WARM!! Coffee and donuts will be served before the ride at 7:30. KSU at 9am.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unplanned 2017 cancellation due to bike slide today. Off to the shop it goes, and there is low probability of it being returned by Thanksgiving. Sorry to back out. Maybe next year. Dan

I'll come, if it is warn enough the Bride said she would go. -------------------------------------- maybe.
That would be a first.
rolleyes.gif

Unplanned 2017 cancellation due to bike slide today. Off to the shop it goes, and there is low probability of it being returned by Thanksgiving. Sorry to back out. Maybe next year. Dan
Bummer!

Next year my ass! You can ride my FJR, I'll take my wife's little girly bike! Unless of course you'd rather ride bitch! Hahahaha!!!

Seriously, no shit. Just come down to my house the night before if you like or just leave a little earlier that morning, easy peasy.

Glad that you are ok! Sucks about the bike though!

I'm in, George!!

Sounds good CJ! Bill (Scorpa) and I pre rode the route last week and the roads are in decent shape-145 miles. Now all we need is no snow!

Next year my ass! You can ride my FJR, I'll take my wife's little girly bike! Unless of course you'd rather ride bitch! Hahahaha!!!

Seriously, no shit. Just come down to my house the night before if you like or just leave a little earlier that morning, easy peasy.

Glad that you are ok! Sucks about the bike though!

I'm in, George!!
Thinking of it this morning as wifey and I drove to your Wakefield, MA so she could buy a new Outback. Felt like a kid at the passenger window watching all the other bikes riding. I came home and took the side bags off and a quick look of the front alignment>>> ah, close enough. So there is nothing saying I can't let the shop have the bike at the start of December, maybe. Go ahead, CJ, twist my arm.

Bump, ride is two weeks away. I am currently in FL on vacation and enjoying above average temps (80). Should be a rude awakening when I get home next Saturday.
cold.gif

shooting for nice weather in RI

We are getting the cold weather out of the way this weekend and I predict 60's for the ride. I will be in NH for thanksgiving so I am not sure what kind of shape I will be in the next day.

We will see.

Dave

We are getting the cold weather out of the way this weekend and I predict 60's for the ride. I will be in NH for thanksgiving so I am not sure what kind of shape I will be in the next day.
We will see.

Dave
Look forward to seeing you again if you cab make it.

Latest posts